233 Gazans killed since March of Return started

233 Gazans killed

The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) have killed 233 Palestinians since the March of Return rallies started last March in the besieged Gaza Strip.

According to the health ministry in Gaza, 11 bodies of those slain citizens are still being held by the Israeli occupation authority.

A spokesman for the health ministry said that a Palestinian young man died of a serious injury he sustained on Friday afternoon during his participation in a March of Return rally, east of Rafah.

The spokesman added that 28-year-old Wa’el Qahman suffered from a bullet injury when an Israeli sniper shot him in a border area east of Rafah, and died later in the evening in the European Gaza Hospital.

Another 37 protesters, including six children and nine women, were also injured by Israeli gunfire yesterday  during Friday’s rallies east of Gaza.

(Source / 10.11.2018)

Ofer court extends detention of wounded prisoner

Ofer court

The Israeli military court in Ofer has extended the detention of wounded prisoner  Ahmed Ad’eissat, a young man from Bani Naim town in al-Khalil, until next Tuesday.

Lawyer Munder Abu Ahmed, from the Palestinian Prisoner Society, said that Ad’eissat suffers from four bullet injuries and had two surgical operations at Shaare Zedek Hospital before transferring him last Thursday to the infirmary of the Ramla jail.

The lawyer pointed out that Ad’eissat was brought to the court with hands and feet shackled.

Israeli soldiers opened fire at Ad’eissat on November 5 before detaining him and transporting him to an Israeli hospital.

(Source / 10.11.2018)

Palestinian journalist succumbs to Israeli-inflicted wounds

Mohamed Ibrahim Shreitah

A Palestinian journalist was pronounced dead on Saturday afternoon, a couple of weeks after he had been injured with Israeli bullet fire.

The Ramallah-based Palestinian Ministry of Health announced the death of Mohamed Ibrahim Shreitah, from al-Mazraa al-Gharbiya, in the central occupied West Bank.

Shreitah breathed his last at the Istishari Arab Hospital in Ramallah.

The casualty, along with eight other Palestinian young men, was shot by the Israeli occupation army on October 26 during clashes rocking Ramallah’s northwestern village of al-Mazraa al-Gharbiya.

(Source / 10.11.2018)

Israeli Troops Kill Palestinian Protester, Wound 141 Others In Gaza

Nineteen children, six women and four paramedics were among the wounded

Israeli occupation troops killed on Friday one Palestinian civilian in Gaza Strip and wounded 141 others during the protests of the Great March of Return.

Medical sources in Gaza said that the Palestinian protester Rami Qahman, 28, was shot in the neck and sustained serious wounds. Later on, the sources said, Qahman succumbed to his wounds in the hospital.

The researcher of the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR) reported that 19 children, six women, four paramedics and five sustained critical wounds were among the casualties.

According to the PCHR, today’s protesters did not burn tyres and there was nothing to blur the sight of the Israeli snipers in order to make mistakes.

“This proves that the Israeli occupation forces use the lethal force and the policy of shoot-to-kill intentionally,” the PCHR said. “Today’s killing, along with most of the previous killings, is a flagrant violation of the human rights and international law.”

(Source / 10.11.2018)

Fourteen-Year-Old Child Narrates His Agony Inside Israeli Jails

There are about 350 Palestinian children inside Israeli jails

On 5 September 2018, a 14-year-old boy from Qalandiya refugee camp is arrested by Israeli soldiers at 3:00 pm during clashes. He reports being interrogated at midnight without consulting with a lawyer.

I was in the area near Qalandiya checkpoint at around 3:00 p.m. when boys were throwing stones at Israeli soldiers and swearing at them. Then I went to a nearby shop when all of a sudden I was grabbed by the neck by the person who was standing next to me. It turned out he was a soldier in civilian clothes.

Story Highlights
He was arrested during a house raid in the night.
He was interrogated without consulting with a lawyer.
He was interrogated without the presence of any of his parents.
He was handcuffed and strip-searched.
He was sent to a military court.

 

The soldier dragged me to a small room at the checkpoint and left me there on a chair. About an hour later my mother came and both of us waited in the room until around 10:00 p.m. when we were taken to Atarot police station.

We were taken the short distance from the checkpoint to the police station in a military vehicle. We both sat on seats in the back. On the way the soldier who was driving told me not to lie to the interrogator because he knows everything. When we arrived at the police station we were left in an outdoor area until around midnight when I was taken for interrogation and my mother was allowed to accompany me.

The interrogator was dressed in civilian clothes. He told my mother he was going to allow her to attend the interrogation but warned her she was not allowed to say a word or intervene in any way. He threatened to throw her out if she opened her mouth. He told her she could listen but she could not speak.

Then the interrogator told me and my mother we had the right to have a lawyer present. My mother told him she did not have a telephone number for a lawyer and that it was a late hour at night to find a lawyer anyway. The interrogator told her in that case he was going to interrogate me without a lawyer present. Then he started to question me without informing me of my right to silence.

The interrogator asked me what I was doing at the checkpoint. I told him I was with my friends. He asked whether my friends and I were throwing stones at soldiers and I told him we were. Then he asked whether there were soldiers at the checkpoint and I said yes. Then he wanted to know how many and whether there were female soldiers. Then he accused me of swearing at the female soldier and insulting her. Then he asked whether the stones had hit soldiers and I said no. He accused me of lying and thumped the table aggressively. I was scared and started to cry. Then he shouted at me again and wanted to know why I was crying.

Then he repeated the accusation. He told me I called the female soldier a whore. He also told me soldiers saw me throwing stones. Then he asked me what would happen if I am hit on the head by a stone. He wanted to know whether it is possible I would bleed and be hurt. I said yes. Then he also accused me of throwing stones at the CCTV camera and said all the money of my country would not be enough to compensate for the broken camera. I was shivering as he spoke to me because the air conditioner was blowing cold air and I was tired and scared.

Then he showed my mother documents in Hebrew and asked her to sign. When she asked him to translate he told her the document said she was allowed to attend the interrogation. My mother signed the documents.  The interrogation lasted for about 2 hours and I was very tired, hungry and sleepy towards the end.

Then they took my photograph and fingerprints and then took me and my mother to another room where we waited for another 2 hours. I was shackled and handcuffed to the back. The handcuffs were painful and my mother asked the soldier to remove them but he told her he was not allowed to remove them.

I recall a man and woman in military uniform where in the room and they were flirting and kissing and I did not feel comfortable. My mother thought it was disgusting behaviour. They were smoking and blowing smoke in our direction.

Then a commander came and told the soldiers to take my mother to the checkpoint. He told her she could attend my military court hearing later that morning. Then I was taken in a vehicle to Ofer prison. I arrived at Ofer at around 4:30 a.m. At Ofer I was strip searched and taken to Section 13. I ate and slept maybe for an hour. At around 7:00 a.m. I was taken to Ofer military court.

My mother was in court and my lawyer. I was taken to court in shackles but the handcuffs were removed. I did not understand much but I was later told by my lawyer I was going to be released. He told me he was able to negotiate a deal with the prosecutor where my family would pay a 2,000 shekels fine. He told me if I am seen at the checkpoint again I would spend 3 weeks in prison. My mother accepted the deal.

I was released on 6 September 2018 and I went home with my cousin. I arrived home just after midnight. My mother had prepared a nice meal and I ate and went to bed. I was exhausted.

(Source / 10.11.2018)

What Gaza Wants

By Haidar Eid

Palestinian protesters react to tear gas during clashes with Israeli forces during the Great March of Return in the southern Gaza Strip on May 15, 2018

Four years after the Israeli Occupation Forces perpetrated a massacre upon the population of Gaza, the third in 5 years, Apartheid Israel insists on committing more crimes by targeting civilians protesting peacefully every Friday demanding their internationally-sanctioned right of return to the towns and villages from which they were ethnically cleansed back in 1948. The latest round of Israeli war crimes has resulted in a new massacre ; since March 30th, when the first of a series of marches took place at the eastern fence of the Gaza Strip, more than 220 innocent civilians, including 34 children and 5 women, have been murdered brutally as they demonstrated non-violently.  More than 2000 have been injured, some very critically. (Statistics taken from Gaza Ministry if Health)

As we, Palestinians of Gaza, embark on our long walk to freedom, we have come to the conclusion that we can no longer rely on governments; instead, we request that the citizens of the world oppose these ongoing deadly crimes. The failure of the United Nations and its numerous organizations to condemn such crimes proves their complicity. We have also come to the conclusion that only civil society is able to mobilize to demand the implementation of international law and put an end to Israel’s unprecedented impunity. Our inspiration is the anti-apartheid movement. The intervention of civil society was effective in the late 1980s against the apartheid regime of White South Africa. Nelson Mandela, before his eminent death, and Archbishop Desmond Tutu, amongst other anti-apartheid activists, did not not only describe Israel’s oppressive and violent control of Palestinians as Apartheid, they also joined this call for the world’s civil society to intervene again.

In fact, we expect people of conscience and civil society organizations to put pressure on their governments until Israel is forced to abide by international law and international humanitarian law. It did work last century; without the intervention of the international community which was effective against apartheid in South Africa, Israel will continue its war crimes and crimes against humanity.

We need to be more specific about our demands. We want civil society organizations worldwide to intensify the anti-Israel sanctions campaign to compel Israel to end to its aggression.

It has become crystal clear that the international conspiracy of silence towards the incremental genocide taking place against the 2 million civilians in Gaza indicates complicity in these war crimes.

It is high-time that the international community demand that the rogue State of Israel, a state that has violated every single international law one can think of, end its medieval siege of Gaza and compensate for the destruction of life and infrastructure that it has visited upon the Palestinian people. But this should also come within a package of demands to be made by all Palestine solidarity groups and all international civil society organizations that still believe in the rule of law and basic human rights:

  • An end to the siege that has been imposed on the Palestinians of the Gaza Strip since 2006 for voting against the fictional two-state solution and the Oslo Accords;
  • The protection of civilian lives and property, as stipulated in International Humanitarian Law and International Human Rights Law such as The Fourth Geneva Convention;
  • That Palestinian refugees in the Gaza Strip be provided with material support to cope with the immense hardship that they are experiencing at the hands of Israeli Occupation Forces;
  • Immediate reparations and compensation for all destruction carried out by the IOF in the Gaza Strip;
  • Holding  Israeli generals  and leaders accountable for  war crimes and crimes against humanity committed against the civilians of Gaza;

And

  • An end to occupation, Apartheid, and other war crimes committed by Israel.

Why is that too much to ask? Were the anti-apartheid and Civil Rights movements too demanding for calling for an end to all forms of racism, institutional and otherwise ? And was the international community wrong to heed their calls?

(Source / 10.11.2018)

Erekat: King of Morocco rejected US projects against Palestine

King Mohammed VI of Morocco [File photo]

King Mohammed VI of Morocco

Secretary of the Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) Executive Committee, Saeb Erekat, praised the Kingdom of Morocco, its King, government and people for the positions they have taken on the Palestinian issue.

Erekat praised the pro-Palestinian moves that Morocco has made recently in light of the challenges facing Palestine, most importantly the Kingdom’s clear rejection of the US decision to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and transfer its embassy to Jerusalem in May.

Erekat also praised Morocco’s rejection of the US aid cuts to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA), close the Palestine Liberation Organisation’s representative office in Washington and other resolutions that violate international consensus.

The Secretary’s remarks came during his participation in the International “MEDays” Forum – a meeting of high-level dignitaries to discuss Middle East relations – which began in the coastal city of Tangier, Morocco, on 9 November. Erekat conveyed the greetings of Palestinian Authority (PA) President Mahmoud Abbas and his appreciation to the Moroccan King, Mohammed VI – who is also Chairman of the Jerusalem Committee – on his courageous efforts to defend the Palestinian cause. Erekat also praised the King’s commitment to the two-state solution and the need to end the Israeli occupation of the territories occupied in 1967, as well as to establish an independent Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital.

This is a position that reflects the Moroccan people’s consensus, which President Abbas, the Palestinian leadership and the Palestinian people appreciate and respect, Erekat added.

READ: Israel practices ‘systematic aggression’ against Palestinian rights

Erekat also welcomed the invitation made by the Moroccan King to the Algerian Republic during his speech on the 43rd anniversary of the Green March on 6 November, in which he called on Algeria to work towards reconciliation and eliminate the impediments to relations between the two countries, describing the call as “gracious and courageous”.

Erekat pointed out that Palestine considers the strength of Arab relations and the stability and security of the Arab world to be central to Palestinian national security and a focal point upon which the Palestinian issue is based. He added that the Arab world is now in dire need of eliminating its differences in order to confront national threats, especially with regard to fighting terrorism, extremism and other threats facing the region.

(Source / 10.11.2018)

Qatar to pay $15m to poor families in Gaza

Officials agree on Reconstruction of the Gaza Strip-2016

Qatari Ambassador Mohammad Al-Emadi

Qatari Ambassador to the occupied Palestinian territories (oPt) Mohammad Al-Emadi said on Friday that his country would pay $15m to poor families in Gaza for six months.

Al-Emadi also said that Qatar would continue its monthly payments – worth $10m – to providefuel for the electricity plant in the besieged Gaza Strip, Al-Wattan Voice reported.

“We agreed with the Israelis on the need to solve the electricity crisis [in Gaza], the sea passage and many other issues,” Al-Emadi explained. He added that the UN did not have any role in the Qatari payments being made to the Gaza Strip, noting that they were fully paid for and coordinated by Qatar.

Al-Emadi arrived in the Strip on Thursday through the Erez (Beit Hanoun) crossing, in the north of the besieged enclave.

READ: Qatar Emir calls on international community to stop Israel violations

(Source / 10.11.2018)

Abbas conditionally accepted Hamas, Israel truce

Executive committee member at the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO), Ahmad Majdalani

Palestinian Authority (PA) President Mahmoud Abbas has conditionally accepted the truce between Hamas and Israel, stressing that “it must not exceed the understandings that ended the Israeli offensive on Gaza in 2014”.

Member of Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO)’s Executive Committee, Ahmad Majdalani, added that the truce “must not include any political section,” stressing that:

The PA has always been worried about the consequences of the truce between Hamas and Israel, fearing it would have indirect political outcomes, but the PA has decided to accept the truce in order to stop more humanitarian suffering being inflicted on the Gaza residents and to stop more victims being harmed.

READ: Abbas raises taxes on trucks bringing goods to Gaza

Majdalani explained that Cairo would resume reconciliation efforts – aimed at bringing Hamas and Fatah together – next week. He emphasised that these Egyptian-led efforts did not include the Qatari funds being paid to Palestinian civil service employees in Gaza, revealing that the PA and the European Union (EU) reject this approach “because this will be a financial support for Hamas and will reinforce its control over the Strip”.

It is worth noting that Fatah and PA media have begun a defamation campaign against Hamas and the other Palestinian factions involved in the truce understandings. “Hamas exploited women, children and the suffering of the Palestinians in Gaza to achieve narrow factional interests,” Fatah spokesman in the occupied West Bank Osama aA-Qawasmi said, adding that: “Hamas reinforced a dirty equation: Blood for money”.

READ: Dozens injured in 33rd week of Gaza protests

#Israel kills witnesses to its crimes and doesn’t want us to know

READ: https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20180725-israel-kills-wi…/

MEMO #Infographic by QUAD Business House

(Source / 10.11.2018)

Corpse Of Palestinian, Killed By The Army In September, Transferred to Family

10 NOV
12:55 PM

The Israeli army transferred, on Friday evening, the corpse of a young Palestinian man who was killed by the soldiers in September of this year, back to his family for burial.

Media sources in occupied Jerusalem said the corpse of Mohammad Oleyyan, 26, was finally handed to his family, after Israel held it for 53 days since his death.

The Palestinians received the corpse near the gate of Ofer Israeli military base, west of the central West Bank city of Ramallah.

It is worth mentioning that the soldiers killed Oleyyan in the al-Misrara area, near Damascus Gate, in occupied East Jerusalem, after he reportedly to stab soldiers.

The Palestinian was from Qalandia refugee camp, north of Jerusalem.

(Source / 10.11.2018)