Israel issues punitive demolition order for Palestinian family

Ashraf Naawla 23

BETHLEHEM (Ma’an) — The Israeli army issued a punitive demolition order to the Naawla family in the Shweika village, in the northern occupied West Bank district of Tulkarem, on Tuesday.

The order to demolish the Naawla family home comes as a punitive measure for their son, Ashraf Naawla, 23, carrying out a shooting attack in the Israeli Barkan industrial area last month, in which two Israelis died and another sustained serious injuries.
An Israeli army spokesperson said that the “pre-demolition order” delivered said that the family would have to evacuate by Sunday, November 11th or submit an appeal to the Israeli Supreme Court before that.Appeals against punitive demolitions are rarely successful, even in cases in which the relatives of actual or alleged attackers have not been charged with any wrongdoing.Israeli forces are still conducting wide-scale searches for Ashraf, who fled the scene following the shooting attack.Israel always demolishes family homes of Palestinians, who were involved in attacking Israelis as part of its collective punishment policy against the Palestinian people.
Israel has come under harsh condemnation over the past several years for its response to attacks committed by Palestinians on Israelis, which rights groups have said amounted to “collective punishment” on family members and entire communities in a clear violation of international law.
(Source / 06.11.2018)

Geef een reactie

Het e-mailadres wordt niet gepubliceerd. Vereiste velden zijn gemarkeerd met *