Palestinian prisoner suffers serious health problems

Prison and health

Palestinian ex-prisoner Ahmad Ja’far, who was released from Israeli jails Sunday evening, said that prisoner Kamal Abu Erra, who is sentenced to life imprisonment, is in a critical health condition as he is suffering from an increased breakdown of platelets.

Ja’far said that the Israel Prison Service does not provide any kind of treatment to the Palestinian prisoners suffering from serious health problems and only gives them painkillers.

For example, Ja’far added, prisoner Azmi al-Naffa’ needs an urgent surgery for his injured jaw but the Israel Prison Service denies him treatment.

Ja’far stressed that the condition of sick prisoners, especially long-serving ones, in Israeli jails is extremely tragic, calling for immediate intervention to save their lives.

(Source / 03.09.2018)

Sheikh Adnan starts hunger strike

Sheikh Adnan

Palestinian prisoner Sheikh Khader Adnan started an open-ended hunger strike early on Monday in protest against his arbitrary detention, rights sources revealed.

Sheikh Adnan, 40, was detained in December 2017 for incitement charges. Since then, his detention was extended more than once.

He is expected to be placed under administrative detention during his upcomingcourt hearing next Wednesday.

Sheikh Adnan, a member of the resistance organization Islamic Jihad, launched in February 2012 a 66-day hunger strike that forced Israel to release him from a previous stint of detention without charge or trial.

His strike galvanized international attention on the issue of Israel’s detention and abuses of Palestinians.

(Source / 03.09.2018)

PA calls for documenting Israel settler attacks

Palestinians try to extinguish a fire in an olive grove after it was set alight by settlers from a near by Jewish settlement close to the West Bank village of Burin [Wagdi Eshtayah/Anadolu Agency]

Palestinians try to extinguish a fire in an olive grove after it was set alight by settlers from a near by Jewish settlement close to the West Bank village of Burin

The Palestinian Foreign Ministry has called on official and non official organisations to document Israel’s violations against Palestinians, Jordan’s Assabeel newspaper reported yesterday.

It added that it is following the daily settlers attacks on Palestinians and their property which amount to war crimes and crimes against humanity.

It aims to speed up the registration and documentation of each violation to file a lawsuit against Israel as an occupying power before all relevant regional and international institutions and courts.

“It is no longer sufficient to issue statements condemning these violations because they are not deterring the occupation authorities from stopping their repressive and arbitrary measures,” the ministry said in a statement.

Read: PA warns of increasing settler aggression

“Instead, they are still looting lands, deepening and expanding their settlements, displacing Palestinian citizens and carrying out daily attacks on the people’s homes, trees, properties and holy sites,” it added.

Last week the Palestinian Authority warned of the consequences of the increasing escalation of aggression by Israeli Jewish settlers against the Palestinians. A statement by the Foreign Minister in Ramallah blamed the Israeli government for the “violent” attacks carried out by illegal settlers.

(Source / 03.09.2018)

Israel naval forces ‘escalate’ attacks on Palestinian fishermen

Palestinian fishermen in Gaza City, Gaza [Ali Jadallah/Anadolu Agency]

Palestinian fishermen in Gaza City, Gaza

Israeli naval forces have “escalated their attacks” against Palestinian fishermen, according to a statement issued Sunday by the Gaza-based Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR).

These attacks have “prevented them from fishing freely and denying them access to the areas where fish breed” off the coast of the occupied Gaza Strip.

According to PCHR, these recent incidents contradict “Israeli authorities’ claims of easing the ongoing naval blockade and expanding the fishing area to nine nautical miles off the Gaza shore”.

On Saturday night, Israeli gunboats stationed off Deir al-Balah “chased a fishing boat belonging to Mohammed Sa’id Abu Riyalah that was sailing within eight nautical miles”, then “surrounded the fishing boat”, and arrested the six fishermen on board.

Read: Israel detained 4 Palestinian fishermen from Gaza

Last Thursday, meanwhile, Israeli gunboats opened water cannons “at a fishing boat belonging to Nafeth Salah, from Gaza City”, as it sailed “within three nautical miles off Al-Soudaniyah”.

Noting these two attacks, PCHR called on the international community “to intervene to stop all Israeli violations against fishermen and allow them to fish freely in the Gaza Sea”, and urged Israel to “stop chasing the fishermen” and release the detained men and equipment.

(Source / 03.09.2018)

Islamic Jihad: PA political detention is ‘free service for Israeli occupation’

Image of the Palestinian Authority police forces violently intervening a protest against the trial of Basel al-Araj, who was killed during a raid by Israeli soldiers at his home, and his five friends in front of the Ramallah Minor Court in Ramallah, West Bank, March 12, 2017 ( Issam Rimawi - Anadolu Agency )

Palestinian Authority police force can be seen violently arresting a Palestinian man

Senior Islamic Jihad leader in the occupied West Bank Ahmad Al-Ouri yesterday condemned the political detention of Palestinian citizens carried out by the Palestinian Authority (PA), Safa news agency reported.

“This is part of the PA-Israeli security cooperation and support for the Israeli occupation on the ground,” the Islamic Jihad leader said, stressing that these detentions “mount to flagrant violations of the basic Palestinian law.”

He said that political detention by the PA is “very similar to the Israeli administrative detention” as both of them were carried out based on undisclosed accusations.

“Carrying out the political detention, the PA is offering a free service to the Israeli occupation, which responds to it with settlement expansion, raids, killings, judaisation and expropriation of Palestinian lands all over the occupied West Bank,” he said.

Israel arrests 7 Palestinians in Jerusalem, including 15-year-old girl

The Palestinian leader lamented the status of human rights in the West Bank due to the “violations of the PA and the Israeli occupation” against the Palestinians.

He also expressed his surprise that the PA continues its violations against Palestinians “at a time when the Palestinians are in urgent need for national unity in order to face the ongoing challenges.”

“The PA destabilises the national Palestinian fabric and causes divisions among the Palestinian people,” stressing that his movement “is sticking to the national unity in spite of all political detentions.”

(Source / 03.09.2018)

Israel shoots protesters against Gaza sea ‘buffer zone’

Israeli naval ships fired gas canisters and shot at Palestinian demonstrators in Gaza’s coastal waters

Scores of Palestinians demonstrating in Gaza’s coastal waters were attacked by Israeli naval ships which fired gas canisters and shot at protesters yesterday.

Occupation forces opened fire on the Palestinian boats and at people who were relaxing on the beach.

One Palestinian was shot in the foot and others suffered suffocation as a result of tear gas inhalation as a result of the Israeli assault.

The International Committee for Breaking the Siege launched the movement to protest against Israel’s  imposition of a “buffer zone” in Gaza’s territorial waters and its limitation of Gaza fishermen.

Read: There is a bitter legacy in Israel on its Gaza evacuation anniversary

(Source / 03.09.2018)

IOFF kidnapped two youths from Badou village, Occupied Jerusalem

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, PALESTINOW.COM — The Israeli occupation forces late Sunday evening kidnapped two Palestinian young men from Badou village, northwest of Occupied Jerusalem.

According to eye-witnesses, Israeli forces stormed a café in Badou village and kidnapped two Palestinian youths.

The arrestees’ names and whereabouts remain unidentified so far.

Dozens of Palestinian are targeted on a daily basis by the arbitrary abduction sweeps launched by the Israeli military and police around the clock throughout the occupied Palestinian territories in an attempt to quash anti-occupation activism and terrorize civilians.

(Source / 03.09.2018)

Netanyahu happy at US cut aid for Palestine refugees

Israel, US want the Palestinian refugees to be absorbed in other nations

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu described on Sunday US decision to cut its donation to the UN agency which looks after Palestinian refugees as “very important thing.”

“The US has done a very important thing by halting the financing for the refugee perpetuation agency known as UNRWA,” Israeli website Ynet News quoted him as saying. “It is finally beginning to resolve the problem.”

Netanyahu suggested that the funds must be taken and used to genuinely help rehabilitate the refugees, the true number of which is much smaller than the number reported by the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA). “This is a welcome and important change and we support it.”

Last week, Foreign Policy magazine published an internal email sent by Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, who serves as a Middle East advisor, calling for a “sincere effort to disrupt UNRWA.”

According to the 11 January email, “This [UNRWA] perpetuates a status quo, is corrupt, inefficient and doesn’t help peace.”

In a statement a copy of which sent to Days of Palestine, UNRWA expressed deep regret and disappointment at the US announcement that it will no longer provide funding to the Agency after decades of staunch political and financial support.

“This decision is all the more surprising given that UNRWA and the United States renewed a funding agreement in December 2017 which had acknowledged the successful, dedicated and professional management of the Agency.”

UNRWA rejected in the strongest possible terms the criticism that UNRWA’s schools, health centres and emergency assistance programmes are ‘irredeemably flawed’, as the US claims.

(Source / 03.09.2018)

Israeli Soldiers Demolish Four Homes, Injure Sixteen Palestinians, Near Bethlehem

03 SEP
12:06 PM

Israeli soldiers demolished, on Monday at dawn, four homes, and injured sixteen Palestinians, in the al-Walaja village, west of Bethlehem, in the occupied West Bank.

Dozens of soldiers surrounded and isolated the village, before invading it, and prevented the Palestinians from entering or leaving it.

The Israeli army said the buildings were constructed without permits from the “Civil Administration Office,” which runs the administrative branch of Israel’s illegal occupation of the West Bank.

Local nonviolent activist Ibrahim Awadallah said the soldiers demolished the 200 square/meter home of Khaled Mahmoud Abu Khiara, inhabited by eleven family members, and the 130 square/meter home of Hanan ar-Razem, in Ein Jweiza area.

The soldiers later demolished the 100 square/meter home of Ahmad Abu at-Teen, and the home of Ala’ Hussein Hajajla, in Khallet as-Samak area.

Dozens of Palestinians protested the invasion, and barricaded themselves in the homes, before the soldiers assaulted them and forced them away.

The army carried the demolitions out after an Israeli court rendered, on Sunday evening, its final decision in support of the destruction of the properties.

It is worth mentioning that the soldiers also demolished an agricultural shed in the village, and removed a mobile home, owned by members of Shqeirat family.

The soldiers assaulted the Palestinians and fired rubber-coasted steel bullets and gas bombs at them.

The Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS) said the soldiers injured sixteen Palestinians, including six who were shot with rubber-coated steel bullets, in addition to assaulting and wounding ten others.

The wounded Palestinians were rushed to hospitals in Bethlehem, while the medics provided many others with the needed treatment for the effects of teargas inhalation.

In addition, the soldiers demolished a shed and a room in Yatta town, south of Hebron, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank.

In related news, the soldiers abducted nine Palestinians, and injured many others, during military invasions into communities and homes in several parts of the occupied West Bank, including occupied Jerusalem.

(Source / 03.09.2018)

Update: “Israeli Soldiers Abduct Eleven Palestinians In The West Bank”

03 SEP
12:25 PM

The Palestinian Prisoners Society (PPS) has reported that Israeli soldiers abducted on Monday at dawn, eleven Palestinians, most of them former political prisoners, in several parts of the occupied West Bank.

The PPS stated that the soldiers stormed and violently searched many homes in Biddu and Silwan towns, in occupied Jerusalem, and abducted six Palestinians, identified as Luay Misbah Abu Tabanja, Mojahed Mohammad Shamasna, Odai Adnan Gheith, Mohammad Tawfiq Gheith, Majdi Obeisan and Ala’ Abu Tayeh.

In addition, the soldiers abducted Khaled Abu Zeina, 58, from Jenin, Ahmad Marwan Shehab, 22, from Tulkarem, and Moath Mohsin Shreim, 22, from Qalqilia, in the northern parts of the West Bank.

The soldiers also caused many Palestinians to suffer the effects of teargas inhalation during protests that took place in Nur Shams refugee camp, in Tulkarem, and in Jenin refugee camp, following the Israeli military invasions.

In Hebron, in the southern part of the West Bank, the soldiers abducted Amin Shafiq Qawasma and Abdul-Karim Abu Turk.

It is worth mentioning that the soldiers abducted, on Sunday afternoon, a Palestinian woman from Ramallah, in central West Bank, after stopping her at the Qalandia Terminal, north of Jerusalem.

Updated From:
Israeli Soldiers Abduct Nine Palestinians In The West
 Bank
Published on: Sep 3, 2018 @ 09:28

Israeli soldiers abducted, on Monday at dawn, at least nine Palestinians, and injured many others, during military invasions into communities and homes in several parts of the occupied West Bank, including occupied Jerusalem.

Media sources in Jenin, in northern West Bank, said several army jeeps invaded Jenin refugee camp, before the soldiers stormed and searched homes and abducted a former political prisoner, identified as Khaled Abu Zeina.

They added that the soldiers also fired many gas bombs and concussion grenades at local youngsters, who protested the invasion, causing several Palestinians to suffer the effects of teargas inhalation.

The soldiers also caused several Palestinians to suffer the effects teargas inhalation in Qabatia town, south of Jenin, after the army invaded the town, and searched homes, including one belonging to Fateh movement secretary, Mahmoud Zakarna.

Zakarna stated that the soldiers conducted violent searches of his home, and interrogated him and his family.

In addition, the soldiers invaded the home of Mohammad Tawfiq Zakarna, and searched the property, in an attempt to abduct his son Amin, but he was not in the property.

In Tulkarem, in northern West Bank, the soldiers abducted Ahmad Marwan Shehab, from his home in Nur Shams refugee camp, east of the city, after the army searched the property, causing damage.

The soldiers also caused many Palestinians to suffer the effects of teargas inhalation during protest that took place in the refugee camp following the invasion.

In related news, the soldiers abducted Moath Mohsin Jaradat from his home in the northern West Bank city of Qalqilia, and attacked many protesters with gas bombs, concussion grenades and rubber-coated steel bullets.

In Hebron, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank, the soldiers invaded and searched homes and abducted Amin Shafiq Qawasmi, 31.

Furthermore, the soldiers invaded and ransacked several homes in Silwan town, in occupied Jerusalem, and abducted five Palestinians, including Odai, the son of Jerusalem Governor Adnan Gheith.

The abducted Palestinians have been identified as Odai Gheith, Mohammad Gheith, Ali Abu Diab, Majdi Obeisan and Ala’ Abu Tayeh.

(Source / 03.09.2018)