UN: Israel demolished 197 Palestinian structures in occupied West Bank in 2018

Palestinians check the house of a Palestinian man after it was demolished by Israeli forces in the occupied West Bank city of Jenin on April 24, 2018. (Photo by AFP)

Palestinians check the house of a Palestinian man after it was demolished by Israeli forces in the occupied West Bank city of Jenin on April 24, 2018

The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) says Israeli authorities demolished 197 Palestinian structures in West Bank during the first half of 2018 as the Tel Aviv regime presses ahead with its land expropriation policies in the occupied territories.

The world body, in a statement released on Wednesday, announced that eight homes, 10 livelihood-related structures and four retaining walls or fences were destroyed last month.

It added that Israeli military force and the so-called administrative control department demolished a structure in an area of the southern West Bank city of al-Khalil (Hebron), located 30 kilometers (19 miles) south of Jerusalem al-Quds, in June.

Additionally, a residential apartment was demolished on punitive grounds in Eastern Barta’a town, displacing a family of three.

The OCHA further highlighted that demolitions within the first half of the current year in East Jerusalem al-Quds mark an increase of 12 percent compared to the same period in the preceding year.

A Palestinian boy checks the house of a man suspected of murdering an Israeli rabbi in January 2018, after it was demolished by Israeli forces in the occupied West Bank city of Jenin on April 24, 2018 

The occupied territories have witnessed new tensions ever since US President Donald Trump on December 6, 2017 announced Washington’s recognition of Jerusalem al-Quds as Israel’s “capital” and said the US would move its embassy to the city.

The dramatic decision triggered demonstrations in the occupied Palestinian territories and elsewhere in the world.

The status of Jerusalem al-Quds is the thorniest issue in the decades-long Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

The Palestinians see East Jerusalem al-Quds as the capital of their future state.

(Source / 13.07.2018)

Nawahda: Displacing Khan al-Ahmar residents ethnic cleansing

Ismail Nawahda

Al-Aqsa Mosque preacher Sheikh Ismail Nawahda on Friday said that Israel’s displacement of the Palestinians of Khan al-Ahmar Bedouin community falls in line with a planned ethnic cleansing policy.

During his Friday sermon at al-Aqsa Mosque, Sheikh Nawahda praised the steadfastness of the people of Khan al-Ahmar and the solidarity activists from various nationalities who support their cause and condemned the Israeli violent aggressions on them over the past days.

He also denounced the Israeli government’s decision to tighten the blockade on the Gaza Strip under flimsy pretexts.

Al-Aqsa preacher pointed out that Israel is currently seeking to divide al-Aqsa Mosque spatially and temporally in order to build the alleged temple, stressing that the stepped up incursions by extremist settlers and members of the Knesset into the holy site are part of this plan.

Nawahda called on the Muslim nation to shoulder its responsibilities toward Jerusalem and al-Aqsa Mosque and support the Palestinian people there by all possible means.

(Source / 13.07.2018)

40 fire balloons target Gaza border areas

40 fire balloons

At least 40 fire balloons were launched at dawn Friday at Gaza border areas, Israeli military sources claimed.

Israeli 0404 website quoted an Israeli army official as saying that ‘creative alternatives’ are being used by Gazans to ravage hundreds of hectares of land in the southern areas, and the army doesn’t know what to do about it.

Incendiary kites and balloons have been launched into Israeli communities bordering the Gaza Strip since the outbreak of the Great March of Return protests, launched on March 30 at the Gaza border to call for Palestinians’ right of return to their homeland.

(Source / 13.07.2018)

Rights Group: Russia Killed 71 Civilians & Displaced 270,000 Since Start of World Cup

An independent human rights group issued a special statement on the gravest violations Russian have committed in Syria since the beginning of the 2018 World Cup it is currently hosting. It noted that by hosting the tournament, Russia is seeking to present itself as a civilized country spreading love and joy among the countries of the world through hosting the World Cup.

The Syrian Network for Human Rights (SNHR) said that the Russian forces have killed 71 civilians, including 20 children and nine women since the start of the World Cup on June 10. Russia has also committed at least eight massacres and attacked 14 vital civilian centers, including five healthcare facilities since June 10.

According to figures compiled by the monitoring group, Russian forces used incendiary munitions, an internationally prohibited weapon, in two attacks on populated areas. The violations and the bombardment caused the displacement of nearly 270,000 civilians, most of them in Dara’a province. The Network said that Russia reneged on all agreements it reached with residents of these areas.

“As the opening ceremony of the World Cup kicked off, and while the attention of the world was on the opening game of the Russian team, Russian forces were preparing to launch a barbaric attack on the Syrian south. The onslaught on southern Syria came despite that the region was covered by the ‘de-escalation zones’ agreement concluded by Russia itself. Russia violated the agreement just as it did in others areas across Syria.”

The Network called on journalists and rights activists around the world to highlight the crimes the Russian forces have been committing in Syria since the start of the World Cup and to re-emphasize that the host country has killed thousands of civilians in Syria.

The statement noted that Russia has killed at least 6,187 Syrian civilians since the start of its aggression on Syria, including 1771 children and 670 women. The victims were documented in the Network’s database with all the details such as the date and place of the attacks as well as photos and videos.

(Source: Syrian Coalition’s Media Department / 13.07.2018)

Palestinian Child Killed, 43 Injured in Gaza Protests

Othman Rami Hilles, 15, was killed by israeli forces in Gaza

A Palestinian child was killed today and another 43 people were wounded, during a protest in Gaza, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry in the besieged Gaza Strip.

AFP news agency

@AFP

Palestinian killed by Israeli fire on Gaza border, ministry says

Othman Rami Hilles, 15, was shot by Israeli soldiers who fired live bullets and tear gas canisters at a peaceful protest along the fence separating Gaza from Israel.

The Ministry also said that at least 43 other people were wounded.

Tamara Nassar@TamaraINassar

israel’s occupation army killed this palestinian child today.

وكالة شهاب

@ShehabAgency

#صورة الشهيد الفتى عثمان رامي حلس “15 عاما” الذي ارتقى برصاص الاحتلال خلال مشاركته في فعاليات مسيرة العودة السلمية شرق مدينة غزة

View image on Twitter

Since Palestinians began staging mass rallies near the Gaza-Israeli fence on March 30, over 140 protesters have been killed and thousands more injured by gunfire from Israeli troops and snipers.

(Source / 13.07.2018)

Hamas hails Irish vote against imports from settlements

GAZA, PALESTINOW.COM — Palestinian resistance movement Hamas on Thursday hailed an Irish Senate vote imposing a ban on the import of products originating from Israeli-occupied Palestinian territory.

Read more: Irish senate supports BDS, ban products from Israeli settlements

In a statement, Hamas described the vote as “an important step towards criminalizing the behavior of the [Israeli] occupation and its policy of illegal settlement-building on Palestinian land”.

Read also: IOA intends to raze Khan al-Ahmar within few days

The group went on to urge the international community to follow Ireland’s lead by boycotting goods produced on settlements built in occupied territory.

On Wednesday evening, Ireland’s senate voted 25 to 20 in favor of legislation criminalizing imports from Israeli settlements.

Israel’s Foreign Ministry, for its part, slammed the vote, saying the move was part of a “populist, dangerous and extremist” campaign to boycott Israeli commodities.

Read also: Occupation forces abduct two Palestinian children in Al-Quds

“This anti-Israel boycott initiative hurts the prospects for dialogue between Israel and the Palestinians,” the ministry said in a statement.

According to the legislation, the import of settlement-manufactured goods — or attempts to import them — will be considered a crime punishable by up to five years behind bars or a 250,000-euro fine.

(Source / 13.07.2018)

Israeli criminal who burnt Palestinian family to death released from prison

Burning father, mother and 18-month-old baby by an Israeli criminal does not deserve more than a house arrest in Israel

The Israeli District Court in Lod ordered Israeli police on Thursday morning to release Israeli settler criminal who burnt Palestinian family to death in Nablus in 2015.

An Israeli settler criminal set fire in the house of Dawabsheh family in the Palestinian village of Duma in 2015, killing the parents and an 18-month-old baby.

The fire left only one kid with sever burns that made his life difficult.

The Israeli Jewish criminal has been under arrest for more than two years. He will be released and placed under full house arrest.

Last month, Israeli authorities released an Israeli soldier who shot dead a motionless Palestinian in the West Bank city of Al-Khalil after spending only 18 months in prison.

Israel does not see killing Palestinians by Israeli criminals an issue, but throwing a stone by a Palestinian towards an Israeli soldier in an armoured military vehicle a crime that deserves 20 years in prison, and a Palestinian who accidently runs over an Israeli criminal deserves to spend his life in prison.

(Source / 13.07.2018)

Army Attacks Protesters In Hebron

13 JUL
4:49 PM

Israeli soldiers attacked, Friday, dozens of Palestinians, who nonviolently marched following noon prayers in Hebron city, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank.

Media sources said the soldiers chased and removed Palestinian journalists, invaded and searched many homes, and occupied several rooftops to use them as firing posts and monitoring towers.

They added that the soldiers also closed the main road in Bab az-Zawiya area, in the center of Hebron city, and fired gas bombs, smoke grenades and rubber-coated steel bullets.

Several Palestinian youngsters hurled stones at the invading soldiers, while the army pushed more troops into the area.

(Source / 13.07.2018)

Israeli Soldiers Injure Two Palestinians In Gaza

13 JUL
4:30 PM

Israeli soldiers shot, Friday, two Palestinians near the Great Return March encampment, southeast of Gaza city, medical sources said. The Health Ministry in Gaza has reported that 137 Palestinians, including 18 children and two women, have been killed by the army in the period between March 30th and July 7th, 2018.

The ministry said the soldiers shot, Friday, the two Palestinians with live fire, and caused dozens of suffer the effects of teargas inhalation in several parts of the coastal region, especially east of Gaza city, in addition to east of Khuza’a, east of Khan Younis, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip.

Hundreds of Palestinians started heading to the Great Return camps, marking the 100th day of ongoing protests, which started on Land Day, March 30th, 2018.

Earlier Friday, the Health Ministry in Gaza released detailed statistic on the number of Palestinians, who were killed and injured by Israeli army fire in the period between March 30th and last week’s processions, on July 7th, 2018:

  • 137 Palestinians killed by Israeli army fire, among them:
  1. 18 children.
  2. 2 women (one medic).
  • 16100 Palestinians injured, among them:
  1. 2600 Children.
  2. 1200 Women.
  • 380 of the injured Palestinians suffered serious wounds.
  • 3920 suffered moderate wounds.
  • 4100 suffered mild wounds.

Causes of injures:

  • 4100: Live fire.
  • 430: Rubber-coated metal bullets.
  • 1500: Teargas inhalation.
  • 2280: Other injures: cuts, bruises, fractures…

Injuries By Body Part:

  • 590: Head and Neck.
  • 350: Chest and Back.
  • 420: Pelvis and Abdomen.
  • 1230: Upper Limbs.
  • 4200: Lower Limbs.
  • 1610: Other.

Injuries that resulted in amputations:

  • 48: Lower Limbs.
  • 1: Upper Limbs.
  • 6: Fingers.

Attacks against medical personnel led to the death of two medics, and caused injuries to 320 others.

Attacks against the Press led to the death of two journalists, and caused injuries to 175.

Israeli army fire also caused partial damage to 45 Palestinian ambulances.  

(Source / 13.07.2018)

UN: Over 1,400 Palestinian protesters in Gaza may suffer long-term disability

Palestinians, who were wounded by Israeli soldiers during a protest, organized to mark 70th anniversary of Nakba, also known as Day of the Catastrophe in 1948, and against United States' plans to relocate the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, receive treatments at European Hospital in Gaza City, Gaza on 17 May, 2018 [Ashraf Amra/Anadolu Agency]

Injured Palestinians can be seen after they were wounded by Israeli soldiers during the Great March of Return in Gaza City, Gaza on 24 May 2018

Some 1,400 Palestinians shot by Israeli forces during “Great March of Return” protests in the occupied Gaza Strip face the possibility of “long-term disability”, a United Nations agency has said.

The UN OCHA report, contributed by the World Health Organisation and the Disability Working Group, describes how Gaza’s “health sector has continued to struggle with the cumulative caseload of serious injuries, particularly those requiring long-term rehabilitation”.

One obstacle, for example, is that “the import to Gaza of materials required for the production of artificial limbs, including carbon fibre and epoxy resins, is restricted, due to Israel’s consideration of these materials as ‘dual use’ items, which could be used also for military purposes.”

Since the start of demonstrations on 30 March up to 30 June, says the report, a total of 15,501 Palestinians were injured by Israeli forces, of whom 8,221 required hospitalisation. Among the latter, 63 per cent were limb injuries, and nearly half (4,023) were the result of gunshot wounds.

Official: 137 Palestinians killed in Gaza’s Great Marches of Return

As of 3 July, 53 Palestinians had received lower limb amputations and eight had upper limb, with 11 of the amputees children. “Additionally, at least ten other Palestinians have been left paralyzed following spinal cord injuries,” OCHA added.

As of 26 June, meanwhile, more than 1,400 Palestinians “with severe injuries are at risk of longer-term physical disability”, including “454 patients who suffered severe vascular injuries and 954 patients who sustained comminuted fractures”.

Deaths and injuries from Gaza demonstrations and other incidents 30 March to 30 June 2018 [UN OCHA]

(Source / 13.07.2018)