Settlers Erect Bus Stop on Palestinian Land in Hebron

24 JUN
8:29 PM

Israeli settlers, on Sunday, placed a wooden barracks in Tel Rumeida area, in the occupied southern West Bank district of Hebron, to be used as a bus stop.

Witnesses said, according to WAFA, that settlers, backed by a military force, placed the wooden barracks on land belonging to Palestinian locals in the said area, in central Hebron.

No further details were given.

(Source / 24.06.2018)

Ministry of Health: 131 Palestinians Killed, Over 14 Thousand Injured in Great March of Return

24 JUN
8:46 PM

The Palestinian Ministry of Health (MOH) in Gaza has issued an updated count of Palestinian casualties since the “Great March of Return” began on March 30th, in the besieged Gaza Strip.

The Ministry announced, late Sunday, that the total number of Palestinians killed by Israeli forces is 131, including 15 children and a woman, since the weeks-long massive demonstrations began.

The total number of injuries and gas inhalation was 14,811, of which 6,836 were treated in the field at medical points and 7,775 were treated in hospitals. Among the injured were 2,525 children and 1,158 women, according to the statement.

Of the total injuries, 3,947 are related to live ammunition, 427 with rubber bullets, 1466 are of tear-gas suffocation; 366 of the injuries are critical, 3,746 were declared moderate and 10,699 light.

Fifty-four amputations were carried out; seven of them in the upper extremities, 47 in the lower extremities, Al Ray reports.

The ministry said that two paramedic, including a female paramedic were killed, and 229 medics were injured with live ammunition and tear-gas suffocation, while 39 ambulances were partly damaged.

Meanwhile, the Forum of Palestinian Journalists in the Gaza Strip said that two journalists, Yasser Murtaja and Ahmad Abu Hussein, were killed during the protests.

The forum added that 175 journalists were injured since the beginning of the marches.

(Source / 24.06.2018)

Syrian Coalition Praises Work of Supreme Hajj Committee; Stresses it Continues to Serve Syrian Pilgrims

The Syrian Coalition said that thousands of Syrians have performed hajj and umrah over the past six years. It adsded that they all made use of the services Saudi Arabia offers to pilgrims without any discrimination.

It is expected that 18,000 Syrians will perform hajj this year, up from more than 15,000 last year, the Coalition said.

The Coalition commended the successful, fruitful and continuous cooperation between the Coalition’s Supreme Hajj Committee and Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Hajj and Umrah.

The Coalition, on behalf of the Syrian people, extended its thanks and appreciation for the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and the Saudi Government for their efforts to provide care and services for pilgrims as well as cater for their needs in order to perform the hajj rituals smoothly and with ease.

The Coalition’s Supreme Hajj Committee continues to exercises its tasks with utmost integrity and transparency, the Coalition said. The Committee coordinates efforts at the highest levels with Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Hajj and Umrah, assumes its responsibilities away from any political considerations, and provides services to all pilgrims without any restrictions or conditions.

The Coalition highly appreciated the enormous efforts the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is making to cater for pilgrims as it emphasizes continued coordination with the Ministry to ensure that Syrian pilgrims are offered the best services.

(Source: Syrian Coalition’s Media Department / 24.06.2018)

IOF raids homes, kidnaps child in Old City of al-Khalil

Kidnapping child

The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) at dawn Saturday raided several homes in the Old City of al-Khalil, south of the West Bank, delivered summonses against Palestinian citizens and kidnapped a child.

Local sources told the Palestinian Information Center (PIC) that dozens of Israeli soldiers stormed the neighborhoods of Khilat Hadour, al-Zahed, al-Jaabari, Ein al-Qirna, and Jaber, and broke into and ransacked several homes.

During this IOF campaign, many young men were handed summonses for interrogation from the Shin Bet, according to the sources.

17-year-old Baraa Jaber was reportedly kidnapped from his parents’ home by soldiers in the Old City of al-Khalil.

In a separate incident, a 14-year-old boy was injured and some of his fingers were amputated after an Israeli explosive remnant detonated at him in the Old City of al-Khalil.

(Source / 24.06.2018)

Hunger striking prisoner transferred to isolation

Hasan Shokeh

Muhjat al-Quds Foundation for Martyrs and Prisoners asserted that Israeli Prisons Service moved the Palestinian hunger striking detainee Hasan Shokeh, who has been on hunger strike for 21 days, from Ofer Israeli jail to Ramleh isolation.

The Foundation published a letter received from captive Shokeh, 30 from Bethlehem, in which he affirmed that he is going on his open-ended hunger strike until his demand of ending his illegal administrative detention is met.

In his letter, prisoner Shokeh pointed out that his health condition has been deteriorating progressively and that he has become unable to stand up on his feet and he uses a wheelchair for movement.

He is suffering from severe kidney pain, acute headache in addition to pain in the eyes, extreme dehydration, Tongue fungus and sharp weight loss. He has been refraining from undergoing any medical exams as well.

(Source / 24.06.2018)

Incendiary balloons spark 26 fires in Gaza settlements

26 fires

Incendiary kites and balloons launched from Gaza Strip sparked 26 fires on Saturday in Israeli settlements located in the vicinity of Gaza Strip including outposts of Kissufim, Givat Yehuda, Kibbutz Erez, Nahal Oz and Netiv Ha’asara, according to Yedioth Ahronoth Hebrew newspaper.

The Israeli newspaper said that Israeli extinguishing crews put out the fires and pointed out that large areas of lands were caught on fire due to weather conditions.

(Source / 24.06.2018)

Israel promotes plan to set up railway linking Haifa with Saudi Arabia

Railroad

Israel he has started consulting with leaders of some regional countries regarding a plan to build a railway linking the Saudi capital, Riyadh, with Haifa in Israel, as part of the deal of the century (peace plan) that the US seeks to force the Palestinians to accept.

According to The Times of Israel newspaper, Israeli premier Benjamin Netanyahu and his transportation minister Israel Katz agreed this week to begin promoting what they called their “Tracks for Regional Peace” initiative that will create a trade route connecting Europe with the Arab Gulf and Israel.

“Tracks for Regional Peace” is based on the planned extension of railway tracks in northern Israel, which would link Haifa’s seaport to Jordan’s rail network, which in turn will be linked with that of Saudi Arabia and other Sunni Arab states.

The plan, which may be secretly backed by Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, is allegedly aimed at creating a regional transportation system to enhance trade relations and promote peaceful coexistence between Gulf states and Israel.

Introduced in a new video released by Netanyahu and Katz’s offices, the initiative will see the eastward extension of the Haifa-Beit She’an rail line to the Jordanian border and will also include a stop in Jenin, connecting the Palestinians to the broader plan.

Goods would be shipped from Europe to Haifa, allowing them to bypass civil war-torn Syria.

“There are two central components at the heart of this initiative,” Katz explained when revealing the plan for the first time in April 2017. “Israel as a land bridge between Europe and the Mediterranean and Jordan; and Jordan as a regional transportation hub, which will be connected to a railroad system to Israel and the Mediterranean in the West; to Saudi Arabia, the Gulf states and Iraq in the East and southeast; and to the Red Sea, through Aqaba and Eilat, in the south.”

“Beyond its contribution to Israel’s economy, the Jordanian and the Palestinian economies, the initiative will connect Israel economically and politically to the region and will consolidate the pragmatic camp in the region,” he claimed.

The existing transportation infrastructure in Israel, Saudi Arabia, and the Gulf will allow for the application of the initiative in a relatively short amount of time, the video said.

The initiative is said to also offer shorter, cheaper, and safer trade routes in light of regional instability threatening passageways through the Strait of Hormuz in the Persian Gulf and the Bab al-Mandab Strait at the southern end of the Red Sea.

In a meeting this week, Katz and Netanyahu reached an agreement regarding the details of the initiative, with the latter instructing his office to begin advancing the plan in consultations with the US, European Union, and various countries in the Middle East and Asia.

(Source / 24.06.2018)

Young man shot at Gaza protest pronounced dead

Osama Abu Khater

A Palestinian young man was proclaimed dead at dawn Sunday after he succumbed to a bullet injury he sustained last Friday during his participation in a March of Return protest staged on the Gaza border.

According to a spokesman for the health ministry, the young man is 29-year-old Osama Abu Khater. He died of a bullet injury in his abdomen during his presence in a border area east of Khan Younis.

After the death of Abu Khater, the number of March of Return martyrs have risen to 138 citizens, six of them still held by the Israeli occupation authority.

(Source / 24.06.2018)

3 Palestinians injured as Israeli military strikes besieged Gaza

Military strike Gaza

Three Palestinians were left injured on Sunday evening in an Israeli airstrike on the blockaded Gaza Strip.

Israeli drones dropped two missiles on a group of Palestinian youths gathering east of the Awda refugee camp, in central Gaza Strip.

Sometime earlier, an Israeli offensive targeted a motorcycle in Gaza.

The Israeli military spokesman claimed the army targeted a vehicle used in flowing kites and incendiary balloons from southern Gaza toward Israeli settlements adjacent to the border area.

Over the past few days, a series of fires broke out in Israeli settlements on the Gaza border after Palestinian anti-occupation protesters unleashed helium-filled balloons in response to Israeli aggressions the Great March of Return protests, which have been ongoing since March 30.

(Source / 24.06.2018)

Israeli occupation bans travel of 10 Palestinians via Karama crossing

Karama crossing 10 passengers

The Israeli occupation authorities on Saturday prevented ten Palestinian civilians from travelling through the Karama border crossing with Jordan under the security guise.

The General Administration of Crossings and Borders said in a Sunday statement that 5,628 Palestinians managed to pass through both sides of the crossing on Saturday. Ten were banned from crossing the terminal.

The statement noted that 2,523 Palestinians left the occupied Palestinian territories through the crossing and 3,105 others arrived in the territory.

The Karama border-crossing is scheduled to operate on Sunday for 24 hours.

(Source / 24.06.2018)