Three Palestinians were killed and at least 349 Palestinians were wounded Friday as thousands participated in the “March of Return” along the Israel-Gaza border for the fifth week in a row, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry.
Ten of the wounded in this week’s protest, themed ‘rebellious youth,’ are reportedly journalists and medical staff according the Health Ministry.
Of the wounded, at least 75 of which by live Israeli fire, four were medical staff and six were journalists, reported the ministry.
Two of the wounded are said to be in critical condition, two in very serious condition and 73 in moderate condition.
The committee organizing the protests said this week’s march is dedicated to “rebellious youth” to honor the thousands of young people who have come to protest every week at the area along the border fence.
The organizers said that this week, too, the marches are supposed to remain a nonviolent mass protest. According to the Palestinian Health Ministry, youths scattered sand bags in several locations along the border earlier this week for protection against sniper fire.
On Friday, the UN Human Rights chief Zeid Ra’ad al-Hussein said that Israel must address the use of excessive force in Gaza, and that the loss of life is “deplorable,” and that “the number of injuries is staggering.”
(Source / 28.04.2018)