Article asked on this date

You have found the article

Dagelijks archief 5 april 2018

Disabled prisoner on hunger strike for 49 days

Disabled prisoner

The Palestinian prisoner Amir Asaad, from Kafer Kana within the Green Line, has been engaged in an open-ended hunger strike for the 49th consecutive day.

Palestinian committee for prisoners’ affairs affirmed that Assad, held in Israeli jails since 2012, declared hunger strike in protest against his difficult detention conditions in Gilboa prison.

The committee expressed deep concern over the health condition of the disabled prisoner who is currently held in solitary confinement, demanding his immediate release.

Asaad is one of many Palestinian prisoners with special needs in Israeli jails. He used to attend physical therapy sessions before his arrest. He had spent the past six years in Ramla prison’s hospital and his sentence is due to end in June 2018.

(Source / 05.04.2018)

IOF breaks into Palestinian homes in al-Khalil

Breaks in homes al-Khalil

The Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) launched on Wednesday evening a raid campaign into a number of Palestinian homes in Samu town, to the south of the southern West Bank province of al-Khalil.

The PIC reporter affirmed that a group of Israeli military jeep stormed the town and forcibly closed local stores before preventing the residents’ movement.

Several homes were violently stormed and searched during the raid, however; no arrests were reported.

(Source / 05.04.2018)

6 Palestinians injured on 6th day of March of Return

Day 6 Great March of Return

At least six Palestinians were injured on Wednesday after being attacked by the Israeli occupation forces (IOF) while taking part in the Great March of Return in Gaza.

Medical sources reported that most of the injured suffered breathing difficulties as a result of inhaling teargas.

The PIC reporters said that dozens of Palestinian youths participated in the events of the Great March of Return launched for the 6th day in a row along Gaza’s border with the 1948 occupied Palestinian territories.

The protesters set tires on fire and raised Palestinian flags, while the IOF soldiers stationed behind the border fence responded by heavily firing live ammunition and teargas canisters.

(Source / 05.04.2018)

Scores of settlers and soldiers storm Nablus city for rituals

Nablus stormed

Hundreds of Jewish settlers stormed under military protection at dawn Thursday the area of Joseph’s Tomb, east of Nablus city, which provoked clashes with local young men.

Eyewitnesses said that several Israeli buses carrying settlers escorted by military vehicles gathered after midnight near Beit Furik checkpoint, east of Nablus, and then entered the city through Amman street, where young men ambushed them and hurled stones at them.

During their presence in the city, Israeli soldiers stormed a building in Balata town near the area of Joseph’s Tomb in Nablus and kidnapped a young man called Mas’oud al-Asmar.

Local sources said that the clashes between young men and soldiers spread to other areas of Nablus, including the entrances to Balata refugee camp and al-Quds street.

(Source / 05.04.2018)

Palestinians injured after settlers and soldiers storm Beita town

Seita settlers attack

Several Palestinian citizens on Wednesday suffered injuries as they were trying to fend off scores of Jewish settlers and soldiers who infiltrated into their West Bank town, Beita, for alleged holiday rituals.

Beita mayor Fu’aad Maali stated that a group of settlers escorted by soldiers entered the eastern area of Beita in Nablus and behaved provocatively towards local residents.

Maali added that local young men confronted the settlers and soldiers and clashed with them.

During the events, two Palestinian youths were injured by rubber bullets and many others suffered from their exposure to tear gas fumes

The mayor affirmed that the Israeli assault on Beita residents had been preceded recently by many violations committed by soldiers and settlers against them, including the closure of all entrances to their town with mounds of dirt and concrete blocks.

(Source / 05.04.2018)

IOF detains youth for alleged stabbing attempt

Abul Reesh road barrier

Israeli occupation forces (IOF) detained a Palestinian young man while trying to cross Abul Reesh road barrier near al-Ibrahimi mosque in al-Khalil city on Thursday.

Eyewitnesses told the PIC reporter that IOF soldiers rounded up the youth, whose identity was not known yet, and took him to an army jeep claiming that he was carrying a knife and tried to stab soldiers.

(Source / 05.04.2018)

Gaza health ministry calls for urgent international assistance

Israeli security forces attack Palestinians with tear gas during the ‘Great March of Return’ in Khan Yunis, Gaza on 1 April 2018

The Palestinian ministry of health in Gaza has called for urgent international assistance to meet the emergency situation in hospitals in the besieged Gaza Strip in the aftermath of the Israeli attack on protesters last Friday, Quds Press has reported.

Nineteen Palestinian protesters in Gaza were killed by Israeli forces and more than 1,500 others wounded during the peaceful Great March of Return, which started on Palestine Land Day.

Director of the International Cooperation Department in the Ministry of Health Ashraf Abu-Mhadi said: “Due to the large numbers of casualties, the ministry is in urgent need of more surgeons specialised in blood vessels, bones and emergency services.”

Read: Israel army to shoot Palestinians within 300m of Gaza fence

Spokesman of the Ministry Ashraf Al-Qidra said: “This number of casualties causes confusion in the healthcare system… we are afraid Israeli forces will carry out more attacks during the upcoming demonstrations.”

(Source / 05.04.2018)

B’Tselem campaign urges soldiers not to open fire on Gaza protesters

Israeli occupation forces fire at unarmed Palestinian protesters in the besieged Gaza Strip

Israeli rights group B’Tselem has launched a campaign calling for Israeli soldiers on the border fence with Gaza not to open fire on the Palestinian demonstrators.

The campaign “sorry Commander, I cannot shoot,” will be advertised in newspapers and will urge soldiers to refuse to open fire on unarmed demonstrators.

Last Friday events soldiers used live fire against unarmed demonstrators during the Great March of Return. Of at least 17 Palestinians killed that day, 12 were killed at the protests. Hundreds more were injured.

B’Tselem said: “The [Israeli] military is preparing for the demonstrations, but instead of attempting to reduce the number of those killed or injured, official sources have announced in advance that soldiers will use live fire against demonstrators even if they are hundreds of meters from the fence.”

“Shooting unarmed demonstrators is illegal and orders to shoot in this manner are manifestly illegal.”

According to B’Tselem, “the responsibility for issuing these unlawful orders and for their lethal consequences rests with the policy makers and – above all – with Israel’s prime minister, defence minister and the chief of staff.”

Read: Israel army to shoot Palestinians within 300m of Gaza fence

It noted that “they are also the ones who bear the obligation to change these regulations immediately, before this Friday’s planned protests, in order to forestall any further casualties.”

The rights group stressed that “it is a criminal offence to obey patently illegal orders. Therefore, as long as soldiers in the field continue to receive orders to use live fire against unarmed civilians, they are duty-bound to refuse to comply.”

B’Tselem said: “The military is not permitted to act as it sees fit, nor can Israel determine on its own what is permissible and what is not when dealing with demonstrators. Like all other countries, Israel’s actions are subject to the provisions of international law and the restrictions they impose on the use of weapons, and specifically the use of live fire.

“The provisions limit its use to instances involving tangible and immediate mortal danger, and only in the absence of any other alternative. Israel cannot simply decide that it is not bound by these rules.”

The use of live ammunition is blatantly unlawful in the case of soldiers firing from a great distance at demonstrators located on the other side of the fence that separates Israel from the Gaza Strip.

“In addition, it is impermissible to order soldiers to fire live ammunition at individuals for approaching the fence, damaging it, or attempting to cross it.”

“Obviously, the military is allowed to prevent such actions, and even to detain individuals attempting to carry them out, but firing live ammunition solely on these grounds is absolutely prohibited.”

(Source / 05.04.2018)

Israel groups call for assault on Al-Aqsa Mosque

Settlers storm Al-Aqsa on 4 October 2017

Israeli settler groups have called on their supporters to take part in an assault on Al-Aqsa Mosque during Passover, Quds Net News has reported.

Sources say that 381 illegal settlers raided Al-Aqsa Mosque yesterday under the heavy protection of the Israeli military police.

Settlers wore their Talmudic uniform and performed mythical rituals inside its holy yards.

The number of raids by settlers doubled during the Passover Jewish holiday.

Read: US envoy takes part in Jewish ritual at Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa

(Source / 05.04.2018)

Soldiers Search Tens And Barns In Northern Plains

05 APR
10:35 AM

Israeli soldiers invaded, late on Wednesday at night, many residential tents, and barns, in the West Bank’s Northern Plains, while colonialist settlers wrote racist graffiti, and punctured tires, in occupied Jerusalem.

Dozens of soldiers invaded Khirbat Hamsa village, in the Northern Plains, before storming and searching residential tents used by local shepherds.

The soldiers also invaded and searched several barns, owned by Mahmoud Abu Kabbash, in the same area.

In related news, several fanatic Israeli settlers invaded Beit Hanina neighborhood, north of occupied Jerusalem, wrote racist graffiti on Palestinian cars, in addition to puncturing the tires of many cars.

(Source / 05.04.2018)