Report: IOF carried out 520 arrests in January

520 arrests January 2018

The Palestinian Prisoners Center for Studies said in its monthly report that the Israeli occupation forces (IOF) during January 2018 arrested 520 Palestinians including 92 children and 18 women and girls.

Media spokesman for the Center, Riyad al-Ashqar, said that the Center documented 18 arrests in the Gaza Strip, six of which targeted fishermen while they were fishing off Gaza shores while the rest targeted Palestinians who were trying to sneak into the 1948 occupied Palestine through Gaza’s eastern border fence.

According to the report, the Israeli forces arrested an 18-year-old Palestinian with special needs named Hisham Ghoneim in Bethlehem. They also arrested MP Omar Abdulraziq in Salfit and released him after hours of interrogation.

Al-Ashqar added that the IOF in January arrested 92 Palestinian children, the youngest of whom was the 11-year-old Said Sukkar. Three of the children were arrested while injured by the IOF gunfire. Three minors among 18 young women were arrested during the same month.

The Palestinian researcher pointed out that the Israeli courts issued 100 administrative detention orders in January, 46 of which were new while the remaining 54 orders were to renew the detention of Palestinian prisoners already held in Israeli jails.

(Source / 04.02.2018)

Clashes flare as Israeli army quells anti-Trump protests in Salfit

Anti-Trump protests Salfit

A round of clashes burst out on Sunday evening between Palestinian anti-occupation youth and Israeli military forces north of Salfit province, in the occupied West Bank.

According to eye-witnesses, Israeli army patrols targeted Palestinian young men north of Salfit with acoustic grenades as they took to the streets to protest the fallouts of last month’s decision by the US President Donald Trump to recognize Occupied Jerusalem as the capital of the self-proclaimed Israeli state.

The Israeli military kept chasing down Palestinian protesters across olive groves.

A group of protesters responded to the crackdown by hurling stones at Israeli troops deployed near a military watchtower in the area.

(Source / 04.02.2018)

Palestinian teen killed in clashes with IOF in Jenin

Teenager killed

A Palestinian teenager was killed during violent clashes with the Israeli occupation forces (IOF) on Saturday evening in Jenin, north of the West Bank.

According to the Palestinian health ministry, 19-year-old Ahmed Abu Obaid was proclaimed dead in Jenin hospital after he suffered a serious bullet injury in the head.

Abu Obaid, from Jenin city, was critically wounded during skirmishes between local young men and Israeli soldiers in Muthalath ash-Shuhada (martyrs’ triangle) area, which is about five kilometers away from the town of Burqin.

21 Palestinian young men also suffered injuries on the same day after the IOF stormed the western area of Jenin city and Burqin town and embarked on ransacking and demolishing structures.

Five Palestinian citizens were kidnapped in Burqin town during the same IOF campaign, which was aimed to capture or kill Ahmed Naser Jarrar, a wanted resistance fighter from al-Qassam Brigades of Hamas.

Jarrar is accused of participating in a recent drive-by shooting attack that killed a Jewish settler near the illegal outpost of Havat Gilad in the occupied West Bank.

(Source / 04.02.2018)

Israelis fear economic breakdown in Gaza could spiral into violence

Economic breakdown

Israeli security sources have warned that the deteriorating economic conditions in the blockaded Gaza Strip may lead to violence.

In a security assessment handed recently to the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, security officials expressed their belief that Israel should allow the transfer of humanitarian aid into Gaza due to the economic collapse rocking the besieged enclave.

In light of the economic breakdown in Gaza, a war scenario with Israel is inevitable, warned the same source.

“The diplomatic failure brings us closer to a war with Gaza,” said Knesset Member Ofer Shelah.

“Despite all warnings, the prime minister is refusing to take action to remove the danger,” he added.

Similar warning were made earlier this week by UN envoys and international NGOs who said the Gaza Strip was on the verge of full collapse.

Earlier this month, the White House froze around $100 million in contributions to UNRWA, the UN agency for Palestinian refugees, after the Palestinians announced they would no longer accept the US as a mediator in peace talks with Israel. The Palestinians were angered after US President Donald Trump on December 6 recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.

Israel has maintained a blockade on Gaza for over a decade, blocking the free access of civilians, humanitarian aid, and goods out of and into the coastal enclave.

(Source / 04.02.2018)

Israeli authorities demolish two classrooms in Jerusalem

2 Classrooms demolished

The Israeli authorities on Sunday morning demolished two Palestinian classrooms in East Jerusalem under the pretext of being built without permit on Israeli-controlled lands.

Eyewitnesses told Anadolu agency that crews from the so-called Civil Administration, accompanied by an Israeli police force, stormed the school of Abu al-Nawwar Bedouin community in East Jerusalem and demolished two classrooms.

The school, which is built of tin, has 60 students from grades 1-4 and it is the only school for children there.

Abu al-Nawwar community is surrounded by three Israeli settlements and it is inhabited by nearly 700 Palestinians who make their living by raising sheep.

Palestinians are prohibited from building in areas classified as C in accordance with the Oslo Accords signed between Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organization in 1993.

Area C is exclusively controlled by the Israeli government and covers about 60% of the total area of the West Bank.

(Source / 04.02.2018)

IOA banned 87 West Bank Palestinians from travel in January

87 travelling ban

Israeli Occupation Authorities (IOA) banned over the past month the travel of 87 Palestinians via al-Karama crossing, the only pathway for West Bank Palestinians to the outside world through Jordan.

In a press statement on Aunday, Palestinian police in Ramallah affirmed that 87 Palestinians were prevented from leaving the West Bank from al-Karama border crossing in January for unreleased security reasons.

The police pointed out that some 200,000 Palestinians passed through the border crossing in both directions in the same period

(Source / 04.02.2018)

Sada Social: 14 new Facebook violations against Palestinian contents

Facebook violations

A Palestinian social media rights group has condemned the Facebook administration for persisting in its unjust censorship campaign during the current year against Palestinian pages belonging to news agencies or activists.

According to a report released by “Sada Social” on Saturday, Facebook has committed 14 new violations against Palestinian contents on its platform in January, including the removal of nine pages such as those belonging to al-Aqsa satellite channel, the popular committees against the occupation, and the fans of late president Abu Ammar.

Other violations included the deletion of postings supporting the Palestinian cause or opposing the occupation from pages belonging to Palestinian journalists and activists.

Sada Social said that Facebook officially admitted that it had responded to 472 requests by the Israeli government asking for blocking accounts or postings during the first quarter of 2017.

Facebook cited incitement against Israel and its citizens to justify its measures against Palestinian accounts, while ignoring Israeli incitement against the Palestinians on its platform.

(Source / 04.02.2018)

The Zionist Lehi was the last self-proclaimed terrorist group

Menachem Begin, Former Prime Minister of Israel

By Asa Winstanley

Secret files released by MI5 in December give a fascinating new insight into a bombing campaign which terrorised London in the years following the Second World War. This was carried out by some of the Zionist groups fighting to seize control of Palestine from the British government who took their campaign of bloodshed to Britain. They targeted government offices and sent letter bombs to ministers, including future Prime Minister Anthony Eden, post-war Labour Prime Minister Clement Attlee, Foreign Secretary Ernest Bevin, Chancellor Stafford Cripps and wartime Prime Minister Winston Churchill.

According to the files, Eden apparently carried the unopened letter bomb around for a whole day in a book before being informed about the plot. Most of the bombs were intercepted, although some, like Eden’s, reached their targets but failed to explode.

The bombs were sent by Lehi, also known to the British authorities as the Stern Gang, after its founder Avraham Stern. The most right-wing of the armed Zionist groups then active in Palestine, Lehi was a splinter group from the Irgun, whose leader in the late 1940s was Menachem Begin. He went on to become Israel’s Prime Minister and invade Lebanon in 1982, killing more than 20,000 Lebanese and Palestinian people; the infamous Sabra and Shatilla massacre took place on his watch.

Lehi was so fanatically right-wing that at one point it even approached Hitler’s Nazi Germany in order to reach some sort of agreement, and to fight for Hitler against the British in Palestine. One of Lehi’s leaders, Yitzhak Shamir, would also later become Israeli Prime Minister, sharing power in various governments in the 1980s with the supposedly “left-wing dove” Shimon Peres.

Read: British Labour is also a victim of the Zionist lobby

It was Lehi and Irgun which led the notorious massacre in the Palestinian village of Deir Yassin, where they murdered more than 100 Palestinian civilians. Deir Yassin has become a byword for Zionist massacres of Palestinian civilians, but what is less well known is that it was only one of many by Zionist groups during the 1948 Nakba, or Catastrophe, during which 750,000 Palestinians were driven out of their country at gunpoint. Many more massacres took place in later years as well.

Another fact that tends to be neglected by history is that the supposedly left-wing, labour-oriented armed Zionist groups also participated in the Deir Yassin massacre, by providing artillery support. Deir Yassin and the Nakba itself were by no means aberrations; they were planned deliberately as a long thought-out strategy to “empty the land” of its people. How else could a “Jewish state” be formed in Palestine, a land which did not have a Jewish majority?

However, the war waged by the armed Zionist groups against the British was not one which originated in fundamental disagreements. The British Empire never had any qualms about expelling indigenous peoples from the lands it conquered, such as Palestine, nor, indeed, was it queasy about the Zionist project to establish the state of Israel on colonised land.

Read: Israel is damaged by its own Zionism

Churchill himself – in one of his most notorious racist rants in the 1930s — said of the Palestinian people, “I do not agree that the dog in a manger has the final right to the manger even though he may have lain there for a very long time… I do not admit, for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly-wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place.”

From the Balfour Declaration onwards, the British Empire was fundamentally warm toward the Zionist project of colonisation in Palestine, seeing in it a potential future ally. The Empire and Zionism fell out, though, with the latter coming to see the former as insufficiently enthusiastic. The right-wing groups, especially Lehi, wanted to go into open conflict with Britain, even during the Second World War. When the war in Europe and the Middle East ended, the Zionist movement in Palestine turned its guns against the British as well as the Palestinian people. Lehi and Irgun could no longer be restrained, and attacked British officers and administrators, culminating in the infamous King David Hotel bombing, which killed 91 people in 1946.

The lesser-known London bombing campaign was able to be kept partly secret because it mostly failed, but reading the newly-released files it is striking how the most extreme Zionist terrorists got off so lightly. One of the files is a press clipping of an interview with one of the Lehi bombers; Betty Knouth was sentenced by the Belgians to just one year in prison, despite being caught red-handed with letter bombs addressed to British officials.

It’s also striking how Lehi used the word “terrorist” openly to describe itself, appearing to see it as a badge of honour. According to Calder Walton, a historian and author who has written about the newly-released files, Lehi “is thought to be the world’s last terrorist group to describe itself publicly as terrorist.”

In Knouth’s interview during a Tel Aviv press conference in 1948, she expressed regret only that her bombing plot had been foiled by the Belgian police. “I’m sorry none of them was delivered,” she said of the letter bombs. “My terrorist days are over and done with now.”

The nascent State of Israel’s, though, were just beginning.

(Source / 04.02.2018)

Israel To Retroactively Legalize A Colonialist Outpost

04 FEB
9:46 AM

The Israeli government is slated to discuss granting official recognition of Havat Gilad illegal outpost, which was built on  illegally-seized private Palestinian lands south of Nablus, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank.

The government will discuss a proposal by Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman, who is also illegally living in the West Bank, demanding full recognition and legalization of the outpost, which will provide it government funding and development.

It is worth mentioning that Havat Gilad was illegally built on stolen Palestinian lands in the year 2002, and is currently inhabited by 40 families.

The Israeli government, headed by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, has been actively supporting the construction and expansion of the illegal colonies, including random outposts, in the occupied West Bank, including in and around East Jerusalem, in direct violation of International Law, and the Fourth Geneva Convention.

(Source / 04.02.2018)

Israeli Soldiers Abduct A Child Near Ramallah

04 FEB
5:06 AM

Israeli soldiers abducted, on Saturday evening, a Palestinian child, only twelve years of age, near the main entrance of the al-Jalazoun refugee camp, north of Ramallah, in central West Bank.

Media sources said the soldiers ambushed a group of children near the main entrance of the refugee camp, and abducted Mohammad Raed Dalaysha, 12.

They added that the soldiers repeatedly assaulted the child before abducting him, and took him to an unknown destination.

The soldiers also chased many Palestinians, mainly children, but were unable to detain them.

The incident took place after the soldiers attacked dozens of protesters, and fired rubber-coated steel bullets, gas bombs and concussion grenades.

(Source / 04.02.2018)