Article asked on this date

You have found the article

Maandelijks archief februari 2018

Palestinian boy kidnapped by Israeli soldiers after he falls in faint

Rani al-Rajabi

The Israeli occupation forces at nightfall Tuesday kidnapped a Palestinian boy after they aggressively beat him and left dozens of civilians injured in clashes rocking the southern West Bank province of al-Khalil.

Israeli army patrols rolled into al-Harika al-Kasara area, near Kiryat Arba illegal settlement outpost, built on Palestinian lands east of al-Khalil, and attacked the Palestinian locals with randomly-discharged spates of bullet fire, teargas canisters, and toxic gas grenades, resulting in dozens of suffocation cases.

The clashes culminated in the abduction of the Palestinian boy Rani al-Rajabi after he fell unconscious as a result of the violent beating he had been made to endure by the occupation soldiers.

(Source / 28.02.2018)

Escalated arrests target Islamic Bloc-affiliated students in West Bank

Islamic Bloc arrested

The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) over the past two days have arrested seven members of the Islamic Bloc, Hamas’s student wing, who study in different West Bank universities.

The IOF in al-Khalil arrested the students Izz Abu Husein and Mu’tasem al-Natsha as well as the student at Palestine Polytechnic University Suhaib al-Qawasmi.

Another student from al-Khalil named Nizar Mohammed was fined 3,000 shekels and sentenced to 10 months in prison by an Israeli court.

The arrest campaigns included the two students from al-Najah National University Abdulrahman Shehada and Khalid Kou’.

The IOF also arrested a Birzeit University student named Mus’ab Mafarja after raiding his house in Beit Liqya village in Ramallah a few days following the arrest of the Islamic Bloc coordinator at the same university Osaid al-Qaddoumi.

In the same context, the IOF arrested the ex-prisoner Mohammed Ata, who studies at al-Quds University, while he was passing through a military checkpoint near Jenin.

(Source / 28.02.2018)

IOF arrests former governor of al-Khalil

Abdel Halim Ja'bari

The Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) arrested Tuesday evening former governor of al-Khalil city Abdel Halim Ja’bari after being summoned for investigation.

Local sources affirmed that Ja’bari, 70, was summoned Tuesday morning for investigation in Etzion investigation center where he was later detained.

Ja’bari was the head of al-Khalil University for Academic Affairs, al-Khalil’s governor between 2002 and 2007, and Jericho’s governor in 2008.

(Source / 28.02.2018)

IOA confiscates private lands in Nablus in favor of settlement road

Private land Burin

The Israeli occupation authorities (IOA) on Wednesday handed Burin village council in Nablus orders to confiscate Palestinian lands in the village in favor of the construction of a new settlement road.

Head of Burin village council Yahya Qadous told the PIC reporter that the orders involve the confiscation of 24 dunums of land to build a road connecting Brakha settlement, built by force on Palestinian lands south of Nablus, with an Israeli military camp in al-Marba’a area.

Qadous said that the IOA claimed that the road will be established for security purposes and that opposition is not allowed but affected citizens can apply for compensation.

He stressed that this project is so dangerous not only because of the areas confiscated but also because it would help tighten the Israeli grip on the village from four sides.

(Source / 28.02.2018)

Syrian Coalition Warns Continued Bombardment of Eastern Ghouta Paves the Way for Genocide

The Syrian Coalition said that the Assad regime and Russia are carrying on with the genocide in the Damascus suburb of eastern Ghouta. It said that military operations by the Assad regime and its allies did not stop, adding that one of the massacres claimed the lives of head of the local council in the town of Shifoniyah Mohammed Jamous and two members of the council.

In a press release issued on Wednesday, the Coalition said: “The Assad regime and Russia are showing total disregard for the resolution, making it a dead letter and an opportunity to carry on with the genocide in eastern Ghouta.”

“After cherishing hope that the UN resolution will provide them with some relief, civilians in eastern Ghouta are now enduring unimaginable suffering,” the press release added.

The Syrian Coalition stressed that “Russia, which has become a key party to the conflict, bears direct responsibility for war crimes being committed in Syria thus providing a free service to transnational terrorism and terrorist organizations.”

The Coalition extended its heartfelt condolences to the families of the victims as it reiterates its condemnation of all crimes against the Syrian people.

The Coalition called on the international community to shoulder its responsibilities towards Syrian civilians as it called on the United Nations and the UN Security Council to overcome Russia’s continued disabling of the Council. It also called for urgent measures and the exertion of real pressure to stop the ongoing genocide in eastern Ghouta.

(Source: Syrian Coalition’s Media Department / 28.02.2018)

92-year-old Palestinian kidnapped by Israeli army from home

Ali al-Wahsh 92

Palestinian citizen Ali al-Wahsh, aged 92, was kidnapped by the Israeli occupation forces from his family home in Bethlehem’s southern town of al-Khader, in the West Bank.

Al-Wahsh’s son, Ahmed, told a PIC news correspondent that an Israeli military patrol broke into their home in al-Balou’ area, in al-Khader, at 05:00 a.m. and ransacked the building before they forced the inhabitants out.

The son added that his father was kidnapped by the occupation forces during the home raid and dragged to the Kiryat Arbaa detention center.

The occupation soldiers seized al-Wahsh’s personal gun which he uses during his work and following the consent of the Palestinian Authority.

Al-Wahsh is known as a consensus figure throughout the occupied West Bank. He is often consulted to work out local issues, particularly family disagreements.

Al-Whash has been diagnosed with prostate disease and has 18 sons and over 100 grandsons.

(Source / 28.02.2018)

Most Palestinians do not believe that the PLO will withdraw recognition of Israel

Palestinians demonstrate in front of the offices of the Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) in Ramallah

A poll by the Jerusalem Centre for Media and Communication has revealed that most Palestinians do not believe that the Palestine Liberation Organisation will withdraw its recognition of Israel following the US acceptance of Jerusalem as the capital of the Zionist state, Shehab.ps reported on Tuesday.

According to the poll, 56 per cent of the Palestinians believe that the PLO would not commit to its threat to withdraw such recognition should the US and Israeli measures on Jerusalem go ahead, despite the pledges made by senior PLO officials to do so. Only 38 per cent of the respondents believe that the PLO might take such a decision. Around 1,200 people from the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip took part in the poll.

The centre organised the poll after the Palestinian Central Council, the second largest of the PLO’s decision-making bodies, decided to ask the Executive Committee to suspend its recognition of Israel until it accepts a State of Palestine on the 1967 borders, cancels the plan to annex East Jerusalem and stops settlement development.

The PLO recognised Israel in 1993 and has approved numerous accords signed by the Palestinian Authority and the Israeli government.

Read: Recognition of Palestine is tethered to an absence of vision

(Source / 28.02.2018)

1,500 settlers storm Muslim site in Nablus

Settlers stormed Joseph’s Tomb in Nablus under Israeli army protection on 28 February 2018

Some 1,500 settlers stormed the Joseph’s Tomb, east of the occupied city of Nablus, early this morning, under Israeli army protection.

Clashes broke out between Palestinian youths and the occupation forces at dawn in the eastern part of Nablus after settlers stormed the holy site and performed Talmudic rituals there.

Quds Press correspondent said occupation forces raided the area and closed its perimeter, preventing the movement of citizens to protect the settlers who stormed Joseph’s Tomb.

He reported that Israeli buses carried hundreds of settlers to the area, amid heavy protection by military personnel and vehicles.

Israeli occupation forces used live rounds, rubber-coated steel bullets and tear gas to disperse Palestinian demonstrators who had come out in opposition.

Read: Israel military raids Joseph’s Tomb in Nablus

The Hebrew site 0404 reported that 1,500 settlers raided the religious site.

Joseph’s Tomb was a flashpoint in Nablus with scores of Palestinians killed and wounded during clashes in the area in 1995. In 1996 nine Israeli soldiers were killed and after another was targeted in 2000 the army left the area.

Jews in Israel claim the site contains the tomb of a rabbi, however the site is part of an old mosque where Muslim scholar Yousef Dweekat was buried.

An Israeli military brigade raided the site in December last year for the first time in 17 years.

(Source / 28.02.2018)

Gaza girl in need of transplant travels without parents after Israel denies permits

Thirteen-year-old Palestinian Inaam Al-Attar cries after arriving to Palestine Medical Centre in Ramallah without her parents as they were denied permission to travel by Israel

A Palestinian girl was forced to travel without either of her parents to the central occupied West Bank city of Ramallah yesterday in order to have a kidney transplant.

Thirteen-year-old Inaam Al-Attar arrived to the Palestine Medical Centre in Ramallah with her uncle, who she is receiving the transplant from, after her parents were denied permission to travel with her from the besieged coastal enclave.

The governor of Ramallah, Laila Ghannam, welcomed Inaam, who was filmed by several Palestinian news channels crying in the hospital saying she wanted to see her mother.

Inaam’s mother, Salwa, was given permission by Israel to be with her daughter earlier today, the Palestinian Authority (PA) owned Wafa news agency reported.

Earlier this month, Al Mezan Centre for Human Rights, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, Medical Aid for Palestinians (MAP), and Physicians for Human Rights Israel (PHRI) released a joint statement saying the record-low rate of permits issued by Israel for Palestinians seeking vital medical treatment outside Gaza “underlines the urgent need for Israel to end its decade-long closure of the Gaza Strip”.

Read: 54 Palestinians from Gaza died in 2017 awaiting Israeli travel permits

(Source / 28.02.2018)

Army Prevents Students From Reaching School Near Nablus

0

28 FEB
10:04 AM

Israeli soldiers prevented, on Wednesday morning, many Palestinian schoolchildren from the al-Lubban ash-Sharqiya village, south of the northern West Bank city of Nablus, from reaching their school in a nearby village.

Media sources said dozens of soldiers closed junctions leading to the village, and prevented the students from reaching their school in the as-Sawiya nearby village.

The sources added that the soldiers have been repeatedly invading the school, and in numerous incidents, attempted to abduct students and attacked many.

In related news, the soldiers invaded and searched many homes in the southern West Bank governorate of Hebron, and abducted five Palestinians.

(Source / 28.02.2018)