Article asked on this date

You have found the article

Maandelijks archief augustus 2017

Israeli Soldiers Abduct Three Siblings Near Jenin

31 AUG
10:16 AM

Israeli soldiers invaded, on Thursday at dawn, the village of Marka, south of the northern West Bank city of Jenin, and abducted three siblings from their home.

The Jenin office of the Palestinian Prisoners’ Society (PPS) said the soldiers abducted ‘Ala, Hamza and Yousef Hasan Abu Jalboush, after invading their home and ransacking it, causing excessive damage.

Also at dawn, the soldiers invaded Ya’bad town, west of Jenin, and abducted a young man.

(Source / 31.08.2017)

Israeli Soldiers Shut Down Radio And TV Stations In Hebron

31 AUG
9:20 AM

Israeli soldiers invaded, on Thursday at dawn, the southern West Bank city of Hebron, before storming into al-Hureyia radio and media network, in addition to the Nawras TV, violently searched them, causing excessive damage, and shut them down for six months.

The army ordered the media network shut for six months, until February 14, 2018, after ransacking and violently searching it, causing serious damage.

Ayman al-Qawasmi, the executive head of the al-Hureyia Media Network, stated that this was the fourth consecutive time the army shuts it down, and added that Israel is trying to silence the media and the pretext of “harassment.”

He added that 56 families earn their livelihood through this station, and voiced a message to President Mahmoud Abbas, Prime Minister Rami al-Hamdallah, stating:

“This is happening in front of you, my message to President Mahmoud Abbas, Prime Minister, Rami al-Hamdallah, Hebron Governor Kamel Hmeid, and other officials, is to submit their resignations, and stay at home, because they are unable to protect the media in Palestine.”

“If the head of the Journalists Syndicate, the Prime Minister, the President, and the governor of Hebron cannot protect us; they need to resign,” he stated, “this media network is in an area that is under the complete control of the Palestinian Authority, yet; they remain silent, and cannot protect is. We have nothing to do with incitement; we try to deliver the message of the simple people in need to the officials. We try to be the voice of the voiceless, and that is why we keep getting attack and harassed.”

“We are not surprised by his savage behavior of the Israeli army, and its collaborators; they want to silence us; they are all conspiring against us,” he said, “If helping the people and aiding them is considered incitement, then we are proud of it. Our main role is to deliver the message and appeals of the ordinary people to the officials. As for incitement, let them show us one instance of incitement; all our programming is archived, and we have nothing to hide.”

(Source / 31.08.2017)

Israeli court indicts prisoner for alleged attempted murder

Mansour al-Khatib

The Palestinian man, Mansour al-Khatib, was charged with attempted murder on Wednesday for allegedly carrying out an anti-occupation stabbing attack in the central city of Petah Tikva in 1948 Occupied Palestine last month.

The Israeli military prosecutor charged Khatib with attempted murder and with entering 1948 Occupied Palestine illegally in order to carry out a “terror” attack using a knife.

“He stabbed a civilian multiple times until he was seriously wounded, and after thinking that he had succeeded in killing him, Khatib attacked another person,” the Israeli prosecutor said in a statement.

The prosecutor also asked the court to keep Khatib in custody until the end of the trial.

Prisoner Khatib, who is from the West Bank city of Qalqilya, had been jailed in Israeli prisons in 2015-2016.

(Source / 31.08.2017)

On Eve of Muslims Eid, Israeli settlers storm Aqsa Mosque

Settlers again attack al-Aqsa

Dozens of Israeli settlers stormed on Thursday morning al-Aqsa Mosque—the third holiest site in Islam—via the Maghareba Gate.

84 Israeli settlers, escorted by policemen, broke into al-Aqsa Mosque as part of the morning break-in shift and carried out a round of sacrilegious tours.

Presentations on the history of the alleged Temple Mount were delivered by Israeli fanatics during the break-in.

At the same time, the peaceful Muslim worshipers have been subjected to tough crackdowns and restrictions by the Israeli police near the main entrances to the site.

Several worshipers have been searched and dozens more have had their IDs seized while attempting to enter al-Aqsa to perform their daily prayers.

(Source / 31.08.2017)

15 Palestinians kidnapped by Israeli forces on eve of Eid AI-Edhha

At least 15 Pal's arrested

At least 15 Palestinians were kidnapped by the Israeli occupation forces (IOF) from the West Bank at daybreak on Thursday.

Four Palestinian young men were kidnapped by the IOF from Nablus province. Another youth sustained leg injuries in clashes that burst out shortly after the occupation troops rolled into the area.

A number of Palestinian protesters choked on teargas moments after the occupation troops stormed Qalqilya province.

The IOF further wreaked havoc on civilian homes and subjected the residents to intensive questioning.

Meanwhile, Israeli military troops stormed Zabouba town, west of Jenin, and set up a military checkpoint, where Palestinian civilians were subjected to harsh crackdowns.

The Israeli army claimed, in a statement, responsibility for the abduction of 15 Palestinians at the crack of dawn.

At the same time, the occupation soldiers stormed the office of al-Hurriya radio station in al-Khalil and ruled that it be closed for six months.

The Israeli troops seized broadcasters, cameras, laptops, and audio devices. They further blew up the gates of two closed rooms in the office.

Director of al-Hurriya radio station said the seized equipment is worth over $400,000.

(Source / 31.08.2017)

Islamic Jihad leader Abu Maria shot, arrested by PA forces

Wahid Abu Maria

The Palestinian Authority (PA) forces on Wednesday shot and arrested the Islamic Jihad Leader Wahid Abu Maria in al-Khalil’s northern town of Beit Ummar.

According to local sources, Abu Maria sustained injuries in his shoulder after he was shot by the PA forces.

The Islamic Jihad Movement urged the PA, chaired by Mahmoud Abbas, to immediately release Abu Maria, whom they said has been diagnosed with cardio-vascular diseases.

Abu Maria aged 50, is the father of four children. He had spent over 15 years in Israeli jails.

(Source / 31.08.2017)

US, Israel ‘masterminding’ weapons supplies to ‘terrorists’ in Syria

Image of Daesh militants [Hisapntv/Twitter]

Image of Daesh militants

An investigative reporter who claimed to have discovered a covert scheme “masterminded” by the US, Israel, Saudi Arabia and UAE to supply weapons to Daesh and Al-Qaeda terrorist groups under the watch of the CIA and NATO, has been sacked by her employers for what she describes as “telling the truth about weapons supplies to terrorists”.

Bulgarian journalist Dilyana Gaytandzhiev claims she was dismissed after being interrogated by security forces following her report that “at least 350 diplomatic …flights transported weapons for war conflicts across the world over the last three years”. Her bombshell report in July for the Trud newspaper alleged that “the state aircraft of Azerbaijan carried on board tens of tonnes of heavy weapons and ammunition headed to terrorists under the cover of diplomatic flights”.

Gaytandzhiev told MEMO that an anonymous Twitter account had given her access to sensitive official documents showing that Silk Way Airlines was offered diplomatic flights for US and Israeli arms manufactures as well as to officials from Saudi Arabia and the UAE for the transportation of weapons from her country. These trips were used to ship weapons to terrorist groups under the cover of diplomatic flight which are exempt from normal checks and taxes.

Speaking to MEMO today Gaytandzhiev said that she had been covering the Arab Spring, Gaza War of 2014 and Syria conflict since 2011. Having visited Syria on a number of occasions, she said that her suspicions were raised in 2014 when she found Bulgarian-made weapons in the hands of “terrorists” in Aleppo. She said that she then traced those weapons to its Bulgarian manufacturer only to find that they were legally exported to Saudi Arabia, which in turn supplied them to “terrorists” in Syria.

Read: Israel’s new occupation zone in Syria

Gaytandzhiev explained that Saudi Arabia does not use Eastern European standard weapons; it uses US grade weapons. Naturally, she continued, this revelation increased her curiosity over the final destination of the arms being purchased by Riyadh. The troll of documents obtained from an anonymous source, she explained, revealed that there was an international “scheme” “masterminded” by the US, Israel, Saudi and the UAE to deliver weapons from Bulgaria using private military contractors.

She had then planned to visit Syria next week, she explained, as her editor agreed that she needed to obtain more details about the weapons supply as well as the groups using them.

However, on Thursday Gaytandzhiev tweeted that she had been fired from her job at Trud after being interrogated by the Bulgarian national security. She complained that the Bulgarian security officials were more interested in knowing the source of the documents instead of investigating the truth about the allegations made in her report.

I’ve just got fired for telling the truth about weapons supplies for  in  on diplomatic flights https://trud.bg/350-diplomatic-flights-carry-weapons-for-terrorists/ 

Photo published for 350 diplomatic flights carry weapons for terrorists

350 diplomatic flights carry weapons for terrorists

At least 350 diplomatic Silk Way Airlines (an Azerbaijani state-run company) flights transported weapons for war conflicts across the world over the last 3 years. The state aircrafts of Azerbaijan…

trud.bg

A visibly distressed Gaytandzhiev protested that she had been “horrified” by the revelation that her country was embroiled in a covert operation overseen by the US, Israel and allies in the Gulf to arm “terrorist” groups in Syria and hopes she never again has to explain to Syrians why Bulgarian weapons were ending up in the hands of militants in their country.

(Source / 30.08.2017)

Syrian Coalition: Hezbollah-ISIS Deal Exposed Close Links Between Them

The Syrian Coalition strongly condemned the negotiations that were conducted between the Hezbollah militia and the Assad regime on one side and the ISIS extremist group on the other. The Coalition expressed surprise at the silence of the international community over these negotiations as it fully rejected their outcome.

Over 300 ISIS militants on Monday left the western Qalamoun area in Rural Damascus to Deir Ezzor province under regime forces escort after ISIS and the Hezbollah Militia concluded a deal to transfer ISIS militants from the border areas between Syria and Lebanon.

In a press release issued on Monday, the Syrian Coalition said that the negotiations have exposed the close links between ISIS, the Iranian-backed Hezbollah and the Assad regime.

The Coalition said that these three sides are complicit in the spread of terrorism in Syria and Lebanon. It stressed that the deals resulting from these negotiations fall within the framework of supporting terrorism and violate the resolution of the UN Council Security and the General Assembly which prohibited the establishment of contacts or cooperation with terrorist organizations.

The Coalition emphasized it totally rejects the deal reached by the three sides and the provision of safe passage for ISIS militants to move from the area bordering Lebanon deeper inside Syria. It called on the Lebanese government to prevent the transfer of terrorist elements from Lebanon to the liberated areas in Syria.

“Condemnation of this deal should not be limited to the parties involved, but extends to the Lebanese security agencies that played a role in reaching and sponsoring the agreement as well as to international organizations that have remained silent about the deal,” the Coalition added.

The Coalition reiterated calls on the UN Security Council to shoulder its responsibilities towards this serious violation and all violations and crimes being committed by the Assad regime and its allies targeting the sovereignty of Syria and the rights of the Syrian people to live in security and stability.

(Source: Syrian Coalition’s Media Department / 30.08.2017)

New initiative brings Quran to Gaza’s hearing-impaired

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — In an attempt to teach the Holy Quran to the deaf in the Gaza Strip, the Future Society for Deaf Adults (FSDA) offers religious and awareness courses aimed at interpreting the Quran using sign language. The initiative was first launched on Feb. 2, 2013. Courses are offered for deaf youth ages 12-18, targeting 500 deaf people in Gaza.

The courses are funded by the Sheikh Eid Bin Mohammad Al Thani Charitable Foundation and are given at the Dar al Quran al Karim Wa Sunnah, which has 14 branches in the Gaza Strip. Each class consists of 20 students.

Mervat Hamdan, 14, is one of the students who enrolled in the courses. She was able to memorize a few verses of the Quran.

Hamdan talked to Al-Monitor using sign language; her teacher Mervat Sayam interpreted the conversation. “I am very happy to have memorized a few Quranic verses. “The FSDA offered us a booklet with image interpretations of the Holy Quran in sign language and text in Braille, as I also suffer from impaired vision,” she said.

“At first, I had some difficulties in learning the Quranic verses and the hadiths. I did not find much encouragement from the people around me, as they do not know sign language to try to give me advice. My mother was the one to encourage me to keep trying and to concentrate on memorization,” she added.

“Every word in the Quran has a special sign that helps explain it. As for the process of memorizing, the Quranic verses are written on the blackboard in front of the students and then they are explained,” Sayam told Al-Monitor.

Sayam explained, “The courses start off with giving general information about the number of Quranic verses and their parts. The memorizing process is done through tutorial videos on LCD screens, explaining the verse using sign language.”

FSDA President Adham Eid told Al-Monitor, “Ten years ago, most of the deaf Palestinians did not know who the Prophet was. However, today things have changed with the religious awareness courses in sign language, which were diligently prepared by Jordan’s Conservation of the Holy Quran Society with the cooperation of the Jordanian Ministry of Awqaf and a professional team of sign language interpreters over the past five years.”

Eid added that one of the most prominent advantages of this initiative is the unification of sign language in interpreting the Holy Quran; in other words, the Quranic verses are being interpreted using the same signs and body postures.

According to Eid, on the social level the courses help integrate the deaf better in society, as they are now receiving religious education, which is a source of pride for some parents who used to hide their hearing-impaired children at home.

Eid added that students are provided with CDs with images that show sign language and Braille books.

According to statistics by the Ministry of Social Affairs in 2015, there are 2,409 people above 18 and 1,243 under 18 who suffer from hearing impairment in the Gaza Strip.

The only school in Gaza for the deaf is the Mustafa Sadeq Rifai Secondary School, which counts 160 students since its opening in February 2011. Female and male students are separated in the school. In 2015, the school graduated 130 students, who passed the official baccalaureate exams.

Although there should be more efforts employed to promote and start initiatives for deaf people in Gaza, teaching the Quran is seen as a major step, especially for many who were introduced for the first time to Quranic verses through this initiative.

(Source / 30.08.2017)

Fatah official: Turkey expected to donate $10 million to reconstruct homes in Gaza

Rubble of buildings

A Palestinian boy rides his bicycle July 3, 2015, past the rubble of buildings destroyed during the 50-day war in the summer of 2014 in the Beit Hanun, northern Gaza Strip

BETHLEHEM (Ma’an) — The Turkish government is expected to provide the besieged Gaza Strip with a $10 million grant in order to reconstruct hundreds of homes that remain destroyed owing to Israeli military offensives on the small coastal enclave.

Azam al-Ahmad, member of the Fatah Central Committee, said during an interview with state-run Voice of Palestine on Wednesday that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan would authorize the funds to rebuild 300 homes in the Gaza Strip that had been destroyed by the Israeli army.
Three Israeli offensives since 2008 have caused extensive damage to Gaza’s water, sanitation, energy, and medical infrastructure, and destroyed thousands of homes, whose reconstruction has been seriously stalled by Israeli limitations put on the import of construction material, as well as the slow disbursement of international funding.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) said last month that some 35,000 Palestinians in Gaza have continued to be displaced due to damages from Israel’s 2014 war on Gaza, which left more than 2,000 Palestinians dead, including at least 1,462 civilians, a third of whom were children, according to the United Nations.
NRC added that a little over one-third of the 11,000 homes that were completely demolished during the war have been rebuilt, forcing many Palestinian families to reside in tents since 2014.
According to NRC, 160,000 homes were also partially destroyed during the 51-day army offensive.
Meanwhile, al-Ahmad demanded that Erdogan put pressure on Hamas, the de facto leaders in Gaza, to end the longstanding national conflict between Hamas and the Ramallah-based Palestinian Authority (PA).
The PA has been the target of fierce condemnation in recent months for advancing policies that have had a devastating effect on the already dire humanitarian situation, in an attempt to wrestle control over the small Palestinian territory from its rival Hamas. Both groups have been embroiled in a more than a decade-long conflict after Hamas won Palestinian legislative elections in 2006.
Al-Ahmad added that a meeting was planned before the end of the year between the Turkish and Palestinian ministerial committees to discuss collaboration between the governments.
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres also visited the Gaza Strip on Wednesday. The UN head demanded that Israel’s decade-long blockade on the territory be lifted, describing life in the besieged coastal enclave as “one of the most dramatic humanitarian crises” he had seen.
(Source / 30.08.2017)