Israeli gov’t approves 3,000 new settlement units

This announcement brings the number of illegal settlement units announced in a singe week to 5,500

Defying international community, Israeli occupation government announced on Tuesday night that it had approved 3,000 new settlement units in occupied West Bank.

Since the inauguration of the new American President Donald Trump, who has previously donated for illegal settlements, the Israeli government felt its rein related to settlement was released

Defying international community, Israeli occupation government announced on Tuesday night that it had approved 3,000 new settlement units in occupied West Bank.

IsraeliPrime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman announced the approval within minutes of the announcement that the illegal Amona settlement would be evacuated early Wednesday morning.

Some “2,000 units are ready for immediate marketing and the remaining are in different stages in which [plans] will be deposited and or validated,” the Israeli defence ministry notice said.

“We are in a new era where life in Judea and Samaria [occupied West Bank] is returning to its normal course,” Lieberman said.

The announcement follows last week’s approval of building 2,500 new settlement units in the illegal Israeli Jewish settlement across the occupied West Bank.

The back-to-back announcement of 5,500 new settlement units within a single week is almost unprecedented and it is unusual for the Israeli government to openly declare such activity given because this undermines the creation of a two-state solution with the Palestinians.

Since the inauguration of the new American President Donald Trump, who has previously donated for illegal settlements, the Israeli government felt its rein related to settlement was released.

(Source / 01.02.2017)

Geef een reactie

Het e-mailadres wordt niet gepubliceerd. Vereiste velden zijn gemarkeerd met *