OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– The Head of the Supreme Islamic Council, Sheikh Ekrema Sabri, slammed on Sunday an Israeli police attack on the Muslim worshipers at the holy al-Aqsa Mosque earlier in the day. Talking to a PIC journalist, Sheikh Sabri denounced the break-in carried out by the Israeli occupation police into the plazas of the holy al-Aqsa Mosque in the morning and the violence perpetrated against the peaceful Muslim worshipers. He further spoke out against the break-ins launched by Israeli settler gangs at al-Aqsa during Ramadan in a barefaced violation of national and international laws. “The Muslim worshipers were attacked while they have been maintaining vigil at al-Aqsa as has always been the case during the last ten days of Ramadan,” said Sabri. “The Israeli occupation police targeted the peaceful Muslim worshipers, who kept chanting ‘Allah is the Greatest’ in protest at the assault, with randomly-shot spates of rubber bullets and teargas canisters,” he added. A number of Muslim worshipers sustained injuries while others were arrested following the assault. Sources at the Islamic Awqaf Department said the Israeli forces prevented Muslims aged below 30 from entering the Mosque, sparking further tension at and around the holy site.
(Source / 26.06.2016)