Israeli planes fly over Egypt to bomb Gaza: witnesses

Israeli warplanes have been flying over Egyptian territory during their bombing runs along the border between Gaza and Egypt, witnesses said on Sunday.

The witnesses, who have spent many hours close to the Rafah crossing point between Egypt and Gaza, said they had seen the Israeli planes fly over on several occasions, often at such low altitude that it was clear they were over Egyptian territory.

Israeli planes have been bombing on the Gaza side of the border, within a few hundreds of metres (yards) of Egypt, targeting tunnels which Israel says the Islamist movement Hamas uses for smuggling weapons into Gaza.

The three witnesses, who are not involved in the conflict, said they wanted to remain anonymous because of the sensitivity of the matter. The Egyptian government has faced a barrage of criticism for cooperating with Israel in the blockade of Gaza over the past six months.

An Israeli military spokesman had no immediate comment. Egyptian Defense Ministry officials either were unavailable or had no comment on the reports, and it was not clear if Israel was giving Egypt any warning of the flights.

Under the peace treaty which Egypt and Israel signed in 1979, Israel has the right to fly combat planes up to the international border, while Egyptian combat planes cannot fly east of a zone which covers roughly the western third of the Sinai peninsula.

(uk.reuters.com (article from Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:55pm) / 07.04.2011)

Doctors Without Borders says Bahrain turned hospitals into ‘places to be feared’

MANAMA, Bahrain — An international humanitarian organization said Thursday that Bahraini authorities turned hospitals into “places to be feared” during a deadly crackdown on anti-government protesters in the Gulf country.

Doctors Without Borders condemned the arrest of injured opposition supporters being treated at medical facilities. In a statement, the organization said Bahrain’s security forces used hospitals and health centres as “bait to identify and arrest those (protesters) who dare seek treatment.”

The capital’s Salmaniya medical complex, in particular, was at the centre of the country’s turmoil, treating hundreds of injured demonstrators. The military took control of the facility, and doctors and patients there said soldiers and policemen interrogated and detained them.

Bahrain declared emergency rule last month and cracked down on protests by the country’s Shiite majority against the Sunni monarchy. The protests have called for sweeping political reforms and equal rights for Shiites. At least 27 people were killed.

Hundreds have been injured in clashes with riot police and security sweeps.

On Thursday, Bahrain’s Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa warned the government’s opponents against trying to restart their demonstrations, saying they were a small group and accusing them of trying to create sectarian divisions on the island.

“Those who seek to cleave our society into two will not be dealt with easily,” Al Khalifa said in a short televised speech. “The story of (Bahrain’s) success that we are living cannot be corrupted by a small group that seek its fall.”

The crown prince also said the monarchy would press on with reforms, but did not provide specific examples.

(www.google.com / 07.04.2011)

Moroccan government promises reforms: media

RABAT — The Moroccan government has promised democratic reforms of the press code at a meeting with journalists who pressed for the lifting of reporting constraints, the country’s press union said Wednesday.

“We have presented the government with proposals for reform based on our philosophy, which is liberal,” Younes Moujahid, head of the Moroccan National Press Union (SNPM) said after the meeting.

At the same time, journalists asked the government to lift restraints for reporting on such issues as the monarchy, Islam and Morocco’s territorial integrity.

“My objective is to reconcile freedom with responsibility. We will find appropriate solutions, fine-tuning the text (of the code) to give it a more modern feel,” Moroccan Communications Minister Khalid Naciri told AFP.

Journalists’ working conditions, independence and penalties for breaking censorship rules were among the issues discussed at a meeting Tuesday evening in Rabat between Naciri, the SNPM and the Moroccan Federation of Newspaper Editors.

“It is also necessary to set reliable criteria for media companies,” said Zouheir Daoudi, a member of the SNPM national council.

The status of the electronic media, a growing presence on the Moroccan media scene, was also discussed.

“The electronic press must be regulated according to international norms,” said Naciri, adding that “change is needed”.

“Most of those who work for electronic newspapers come from independent media that were forced to close under economic pressure from the state,” noted Ali Anouzla, founder of the site “lakome.com“.

“The most important thing is to improve the climate in which the electronic press wants to evolve,” he added, listing transparency as a key requirement.

In March, dozens of journalists from Morocco’s official news agency demonstrated to demand editorial independence amid a push for pro-democracy reform in the kingdom.

(ww.google.com / 07.04.2011)

Fajr pray in congregation

Tijd
vrijdag 15 april · 5:00 – 6:00

Locatie
كل مساجد العالم All mosques in the world

Gemaakt door:

Meer informatie
Fajr pray in congregation to unify the ranks of Muslims
Fajr pray in congregation to maximum support for Palestine
Fajr prayer in congregation for the preparation of the third Palestinian Intifada

هنصلي الفجر جماعة لتوحيد صفوف المسلمين
هنصلي الفجر جماعة استعداداً للانتفاضة الفلسطينية الثالثة
هنصلي الفجر جماعة نصرة للاقصي وفلسطين

I hope to publish the event to collect the largest number for the fajr prayer in congregation on 15 April.

اتمنى نشر الايفنت لتجميع اكبر عدد لصلاه الفجر جماعه يوم 15 ابريل

Acties Israël in Gazastrook na aanval op bus

De beschoten schoolbus.

Israëlische tanks, helikopters en vliegtuigen hebben donderdag aanvallen uitgevoerd op de Gazastrook nadat een Israëlische schoolbus vanuit het gebied was beschoten met een antitankraket. De militaire tak van de radicale Hamasbeweging, de Ezzedin al-Qassam, heeft de aanslag opgeëist.

Volgens Israël is het voor het eerst dat een antitankraket is gebruikt tegen burgers. Een 16-jarige jongen raakte zwaargewond. Ook de chauffeur moest worden behandeld. De bus had net tientallen kinderen afgezet. Meteen na de inslag schoten militante Palestijnen volgens het Israëlische leger mortiergranaten af het op gebied rond de bus.

Israëlische militairen bestookten daarna Hamasdoelen in de Gazastrook. Daarbij kwamen drie mensen om en raakten meer dan dertig anderen gewond. Volgens Palestijns medisch personeel werd ook een ambulance geraakt. Palestijnse militanten schoten daarna meer mortiergranaten en raketten af op het zuiden van Israël. Daarbij werd een huis geraakt.

Het raketschild dat Israël onlangs bij de Gazastrook heeft geplaatst, vernietigde voor de eerste keer een Palestijnse raket boven de stad Israëlische stad Ashkelon. Het systeem, Iron Dome, volgt raketten en grote artilleriegranaten en schiet ze tijdens de vlucht kapot met een eigen raket. Volgens een verklaring van de Ezzedin al-Qassam was de raketaanval op de bus een reactie op de liquidatie van drie Palestijnen op 2 april. Die werden gedood door een luchtaanval. Volgens het leger zouden ze van plan zijn geweest vakantievierende Israëliërs aan te vallen in de Sinaïwoestijn.

(www.parool.nl / 07.04.2011)

The 7th of April in Gaza

07/04/2011 19:49:01 Israeli official: Army may begin new Gaza operation tonight
07/04/2011 16:22:05 Artillery shells strike Gaza City, Rafah after projectile attack
07/04/2011 16:21:28 Army: Anti-take missile strikes Israeli school bus, 1 injured
07/04/2011 15:29:07 Report: Islamic Jihad members detained in Jlem bombing investigation
07/04/2011 15:28:45 5 detained overnight from Bethlehem area
07/04/2011 13:39:53 Report: Nazareth men detained on alleged plot to capture soldier
07/04/2011 12:29:08 HRW: Rise in PA security attacks on journalists
07/04/2011 11:20:44 Arab League chief agrees to meet Abbas in Gaza
07/04/2011 10:00:09 Detentions in Awarta continue, 100 women taken overnight (AFP)
07/04/2011 09:59:00 Homes destroyed in Tubas region, military closure declared
07/04/2011 09:58:26 Prisoners continue hunger strikes in Israeli jails
07/04/2011 09:57:12 Sha`ath and Mash`al in Cairo for talks on unity plan

Israel assaults Gaza again

Gaza, April 7, Israel carried out mass shelling on Gaza using full force and all war tools.

Israel used warplanes (F16s, Apaches and drones), warships and tanks to bomb Gaza non-stop for consecutive 3 hours targeting most of Gaza. Israel shells fell on residential areas targeting houses belonging to Qudaih, Al Manasra and Hellis families.

Israel also used full force to raid Rafah, Gaza intl, airport, Khan younis, Zaytoon neighborhood, Deir Al Balah, Jabalya, Shujae’ya, Qarara and several others places.

Adham Abu Salmeyah, Health Ministry official, One Gazan died, Mahmoud Al Manasra, 50, and over 25 got injured till now. A guy also reached the hospital aleady amputated after being directly hit by an Israeli shell, 2 farmers were also injured when a shell fell on their farm.

Israeli forces targeted most of Southern Northern and Eastern Gaza.

Palestinian resistance fired earlier a mortar that fell on a bus in Nahal Oz injuring a number of Israelis, they continued responding back to Israel’s vicious attack by firing some Grad rockets and mortars.

Israeli shells fell on residential homes, a hospital, farmed lands, a factory, an ambulance, power generator in Khan Younis causing power outages and Al Rayes Mountain.

Israel has been targeting Gaza for the past two days with over night air raids but with no reported injuries.

Israel’s shelling on Gaza continues while the Palestinian resistance also trying to continue responding.

Mohamed Al Madhoon, a journalist, also got injured during Israel’s mass shelling on Gaza and his situation is critical.

To be continued …… Posted by Omar Ghraieb at 6:07 PM

(gazatimes.blogspot.com / 07.04.2011)

Irakezen in Bagdad afgeleverd

BAGDAD –  Nederland heeft donderdag aan het begin van de middag 38 mensen afgeleverd in hun vaderland Irak. Het gaat om twaalf individuele mannen en zes gezinnen (negen ouders en zeventien kinderen). Dat heeft een woordvoerder van het ministerie van Binnenlandse Zaken, die ter plekke is, laten weten.

Malak (8) en Yasser (6) Malak (8) en Yasser (6)

VluchtelingenWerk sloeg woensdag alarm omdat Bagdad te gevaarlijk zou zijn, hetgeen door het departement wordt bestreden. De marechaussee begeleidde het transport donderdag naar Bagdad met 77 personen plus een tolk en een arts. Volgens de zegsman is het allemaal prima verlopen en hoefden geen dwangmidddelen te worden toegepast.

Volgens het ministerie is er geen reden om aan te nemen dat de mensen na aankomst worden vastgezet. Landen als Noorwegen en Zweden hebben die ervaring ook niet, aldus de zegsman. De autoriteiten ter plaatse zeggen dat de papieren worden gecontroleerd en dat wordt nagegaan of mensen wegens misdrijven worden gezocht. Is alles in orde, dan zouden ze vrij zijn om te gaan en staan waar ze willen.

De algemene regel dat uitgeprocedeerde asielzoekers niet naar Irak kunnen worden uitgezet, is vorig jaar geschrapt. Het Europees Hof voor de Rechten van de Mens beoordeelt bezwaren van asielzoekers tegen gedwongen terugkeer naar Irak weer individueel. Het zou in Irak niet zo onveilig zijn dat elke gedwongen terugkeer automatisch een schending van het Europees Verdrag voor de Rechten van de Mens oplevert.

(www.telegraaf.nl / 07.04.2011)